SSR Grandstand Refurb

jlsmith376

DIS Veteran
Can anyone confirm that the refurb is complete in SSR Grandstand section? I have searched this forum but couldn't find an answer. Thanks.

I cannot confirm it has in fact been completed but all SSR rehabs were supposed to have been completed by mid-Aug.

We had a studio overlooking the Grandstand pool on 8/31 and the pool was closed for rehab. Hopefully, some one will post more recent experience.

We just returned from our trip to SSR - staying in a studio at Grandstand. The pool opened 9/16, but the water play area was still closed and the pool bar was not open during our entire stay. (We left on 9/20.) Also the Rapid Refill drink dispenser was installed at the pool area but not working. Not sure if you're just asking about the pool rehab, but the room appeared to have a new bedspread, drapes and couch pillows. The carpet was very old looking, as was the refrigerator (but it worked well). The room was very clean, though, and very quiet.

I am heading down tomorrow for a 5 day stay at The Grandstand. If time allows, I will send a quick status update on the pool area, rapid refill station, etc.

Thank you for all of the responses. I am interested in finding out about both - if the pool/rapid refill dispensers are finished and if the rooms have been refurbished. We stayed in Congress in 2012 in a newly refurbished room and it had new bedding, pillows, drapes and carpet. Aren't all rooms at SSR getting the same refurbishments?

This was only my second time staying at SSR and my first in Grandstand. I'm not sure what was scheduled for rehab in the rooms, but I can tell you the studio in Grandstand that we just stayed in last week had a bedspread that featured Todd & Copper from The Fox and the Hound and it was fitted on the bottom. It looked newer. The drapes appeared new as well and there were throw pillows that had Disney movie character horses on them. However, the carpet looked worn and had a weird plaid pattern with lines that felt raised. If it is new, it's not holding up very well, in my opinion. The only other thing I noticed that was looking old was the refrigerator. Although it worked great, it was rusted all over the bottom on the front of the door.

We were there in June in the Grandstand section, and they had several rooms torn up. I actually spoke to the foreman who said that the whole Grandstand section would be done by the end of August. This is in line with what Disney announced last year about the SSR refurbishment. The Grandstand was the last section, so that means the entire resort has been completed.

This was only my second time staying at SSR and my first in Grandstand. I'm not sure what was scheduled for rehab in the rooms, but I can tell you the studio in Grandstand that we just stayed in last week had a bedspread that featured Todd & Copper from The Fox and the Hound and it was fitted on the bottom. It looked newer. The drapes appeared new as well and there were throw pillows that had Disney movie character horses on them. However, the carpet looked worn and had a weird plaid pattern with lines that felt raised. If it is new, it's not holding up very well, in my opinion. The only other thing I noticed that was looking old was the refrigerator. Although it worked great, it was rusted all over the bottom on the front of the door.

We stayed in a building that was still undergoing renovations with our unit having just been finished. While walking on the carpet I was thinking that it felt good under my feet but it would show wear really quickly. Sounds like it might be showing wear already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter