SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

It's a constant running thing too.(The boats that is )....I'll be on one of the boats heading up to grab a bunch of Beignets...for sure:teeth:

I have another question- besides the strength of the internet.
With the daily security checks- how big are the in-room safes?
Will they hold a good-size laptop?

A bit concerned. I'll be there in 5 weeks.

Just came back... And I doubt it will fit. The safe itself is just under the size of a 17 inch laptop. A 15 inch might fit, if the various bits of the safe weren't in the way (door hinges, flanges, etc.).

Disney provided wifi was decent in coverage and speed. Cellular data can be iffy depending on the carrier and the location in the resort. We have been in rooms that had great connection and others that barely had any.

Oh, and if anyone just checked into room 2425, take a look in the cabinets above the fridge. We left behind a couple of frying pans that we took with us. Wondering if housekeeping found and took them. :)

What are the newly renovated sections?

They were all renovated back in 2011 or maybe 2012. They have a hard goods renovation coming up next year.

I have another question- besides the strength of the internet.
With the daily security checks- how big are the in-room safes?
Will they hold a good-size laptop?

A bit concerned. I'll be there in 5 weeks.

It will really depend on the size of your laptop. Some of them are very big. You could lock it a suitcase and put it in the closet.

Going to stay at Saratoga Springs in September-will the Paddock bar be open? Also do the bars make/serve Bloody Marys-Thanks

Curious if they have a dvd player in the rooms. Specifically would be a 2 bedroom dedicated villa. In the hotel rooms I've been in they haven't had any, but curious if the 2 bedrooms might still have something I can play a couple movies on for a movie night.

I just want to make sure I've got this correct. Standard vs Preferred is based on the different sections not the view? So I could call up with a request of a view of Disney Springs and it could still be classed as a standard room?

Thanks, I'm hoping that they still will next year when we go. It's not the best movie night when you have to all crowd around the tablet lol.

I just want to make sure I've got this correct. Standard vs Preferred is based on the different sections not the view? So I could call up with a request of a view of Disney Springs and it could still be classed as a standard room?
Some of the rooms might have a DS view at Grandstand (standard). Congress Park (preferred) has a lot of rooms with a view of DS, but not all do.

Curious if they have a dvd player in the rooms. Specifically would be a 2 bedroom dedicated villa. In the hotel rooms I've been in they haven't had any, but curious if the 2 bedrooms might still have something I can play a couple movies on for a movie night.

Yes. They all have a Blu Ray player, a USB port for memory sticks (I've had hit and miss results with this), and two open HDMI connections on the back of the TVs.

We've had pretty good luck attaching our FireTV stick / box and connected it to the room Wi-Fi. Connection has always been strong enough to handle streaming from Netflix and Amazon with very little stutter.

we are staying here for my first time in September. Doing some research it appears we may be better off if we rent a car. I used to be a CP so I am very familiar with the area. I am wondering how the bus transportation is at this resort. I am from the west and we drive everywhere so I am not sure if I will enjoy the buses.

we are staying here for my first time in September. Doing some research it appears we may be better off if we rent a car. I used to be a CP so I am very familiar with the area. I am wondering how the bus transportation is at this resort. I am from the west and we drive everywhere so I am not sure if I will enjoy the buses.

We've moved on from using the buses. Having a car gives us so much more freedom/time. The trams at the parks are literally one after the other, so wait time is next to nothing to parks/back to parking lot compared to the varying wait times for a bus. We've waited 5 to 45 minutes for a bus. Love that we can walk to Springs from this resort. This is a large resort, so there are several stops in the loop.

We also live in an area where public transport isn’t really an option and we drive everywhere.
We use Disney transportation quite a bit as well as Lyft. After many, many stays, I can say that the excessively long bus waits are not terribly common. And many times it is 10-15 minutes. Also, please don’t forget to calculate in the cost of the car as well as nightly parking fees if you aren’t staying on points.

Additionally it’s pretty quick through the entrance areas at the parks and not much waiting to get into parking lots in general.

Requesting a Grandstand area room will get you First on and off the bus.

Driving can certainly result in more freedom and we do mix in ride shares once in a while when we know it’s not a really convenient bus situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!