SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Congress Park units have views of Disney Springs and are the closest walk to Disney Springs.

This is the exact area you want to stay in if planning to spend a lot of time there.

Downtown Disney was renamed Disney Springs a few years ago.

Thank you so much! I will request Congress Park since our focus is DTD.
I go to Disney a couple of times a year and SSR is our home resort but I can't get myself to call it
DS, just as I still call MGM, MGM LOL

Thanks again!

Thank you so much! I will request Congress Park since our focus is DTD.
I go to Disney a couple of times a year and SSR is our home resort but I can't get myself to call it
DS, just as I still call MGM, MGM LOL

Thanks again!
I'm with you......on the name changes

About how many days after booking a villa via RCI should I wait before I can find out what the reservation number is to put in MDE?

About how many days after booking a villa via RCI should I wait before I can find out what the reservation number is to put in MDE?
That information is under the urgent info tab on the resort page. It says no sooner than 72 hours after confirming.

Make sure to add all the people staying in the room.

Our payment was taken by Disney on Friday so it’s all official - we are SSR DVC owners! 200 points direct with Disney! This is one of our favourite resorts to stay at so we are so excited to own here!
Just need the world to sort itself out now so we can get there from the uk!

Is the path open from SSR to DS with temperature checks, or do you have to take the bus over?
We just got back on Sunday from a stay at SSR. The walking path by Congress Park is open and there is a temp check station there. So you don’t have to drive. The boats are not running yet and the path through the golf course that lets you out at Cirque du Soleil is closed off.

Hi. We are two couples staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom preferred view next month.

A lock off two bedroom is available. Would I want that instead? My dh and I will be in the master suite.

Thanks.

Hi. We are two couples staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom preferred view next month.

A lock off two bedroom is available. Would I want that instead? My dh and I will be in the master suite.

Thanks.

A lock off would give the other couple a couch in their room and the door between the rooms could be closed for privacy if some separation is needed. It also has a kitchenette for them.

The dedicated version has 2 beds in the second room. I'm not sure how the bathrooms compare between the second bedroom and studio, but you could check youtube for some walk throughs.

We're taking my MIL for her 50th birthday next year, and trying to book a OKW Grand Villa seven months out. Just a heads up -- they're the lowest point cost, at least for us when we're traveling in October.
A lock off would give the other couple a couch in their room and the door between the rooms could be closed for privacy if some separation is needed. It also has a kitchenette for them.

The dedicated version has 2 beds in the second room. I'm not sure how the bathrooms compare between the second bedroom and studio, but you could check youtube for some walk throughs.

Thank you so much! I will do that now. I want to make sure nothing is taken away from the living space.

Just booked a GV since my bff and her husband can go with us so we are three couples.

I was only able to get standard view for our five nights since preferred view GV only has four nights available. I have a WL and will stalk but really hoping I am able to get the preferred view. gggrrrr

Thinking of booking a standard studio for the second half of our trip. It's currently between SSR or AKL-Kidani. Which would you suggest? We would be coming from Pop the 1st half of our stay.

Thinking of booking a standard studio for the second half of our trip. It's currently between SSR or AKL-Kidani. Which would you suggest? We would be coming from Pop the 1st half of our stay.
I guess it depends on what you’re looking for. My wife and I just got back from WDW and a lot of things are shut down - especially at the resorts. My concern with AKL would be that a lot of the resort is not open so your dining and other amenity choices would be very limited. Couple that with the fact that the resort is very remote and you might be disappointed.

All of Disney Springs is open, so that was a big plus for staying at SSR this time. It felt like one of the only places that was lively and had lots of dining and other options.

I was only able to get a Standard GV for November 10-15 four our 30th anniversary trip with two other couples. Preferred has four nights available but not our last night.

I have a WL for Preferred and stalking by auto refreshing every ten seconds. The Preferred GVs look beautiful and it seems everyone says out shabby the Standard GVs are right now.

Hope to get Preferred GV soon by stalking or WL. Wish me luck!

None of the standard buildings have been touched yet. Not sure what the schedule is for refurbishing other areas...Covid and the new contractor have thrown everything up in the air.

None of the standard buildings have been touched yet. Not sure what the schedule is for refurbishing other areas...Covid and the new contractor have thrown everything up in the air.
To be clear: Several of the standard buildings have been started, at least three, perhaps four - for sure two in the Paddock and at least 1, maybe 2 in the Carousel. None have been finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter