SSR refillable mugs - silly comment

Sorry I haven't been to wdw in 10 years (on my honeymoon) We are taking the kids this summer. They have refillable cups? Is it free to refill? Is it good for your entire stay? Just curious. THanx

How often do they change the mugs at DVC resorts?

At WL (and subsequently VWL) the mugs have those same (bless their pea-pickin' hearts :love: ) bears
since day 1 (that I can remember anyway) ;).

I don't know about the other resorts.

Just a comment. AKL had some great looking mugs, but they changed them to that generic refillable mug (it is an AKL mug, just not as nice as the original ones). I wish I had bought one of those when I first saw them. I didn't realize that they would change them.

However, much as I love using the mugs at home, I don't anticipate wanting to fill up our cabinets with buying a mug or two each trip. It seems to me that it is kind of a waste to have a perfectly good mug for the resort I'm staying at and have to buy a new one every trip, and I would think that the "Enviromentality" department at Disney would agree with that.

I wonder sometimes why they don't use a system like they have at Typhoon Lagoon where the mug has a bar code that works for one day (one trip, whatever) and as far as I know, I could bring last year's mug from Typhoon Lagoon, pay them another $5 or something and get a new bar code and drinks this year too. The bar code turns on the soda machines around the park so you can get a refill. Maybe it's a problem because they are in the food courts or something, I don't know. Heck, if they could have a month/year sticker to sell, and that would work for me. Seems to me that it would split the difference between people buying a new mug each trip and people getting away with using old mugs, but Disney probably has their reasons.

If I ever did reuse an old mug (not that I would, nor ever have) it would be more out of a wish not to acquire more mugs than I need than a desire get something for nothing. I clearly have no problem giving Disney money. :lmao: My MOTHER, on the other hand, seems to live to get something for nothing and thinks the rules do not apply to her. :scared:

Good ideas, or they could simply change the mug design yearly. I stayed at POFQ in 2002. I stayed at POR in 2006 and got the same mug. I did buy a new mug for that stay- figured I should throw that little factoid in.

Sorry I haven't been to wdw in 10 years (on my honeymoon) We are taking the kids this summer. They have refillable cups? Is it free to refill? Is it good for your entire stay? Just curious. THanx

Yes they have refillable mugs, most have a logo on them from the resort, seems SSR is the exception for now. They are good for the length of stay at that resort. If you are doing the DDP, not sure they are worth the cost unless you drink lots of soda.

Just got back from our first trip to OKW, and they had the same mugs as SSR. The reason I know this is that after purchasing one mug at OKW, DW & I went over to SSR one day for lunch at AP, and I commented to her that I should have brought my mug with me since SSR's were identical to mine.

I wonder sometimes why they don't use a system like they have at Typhoon Lagoon where the mug has a bar code that works for one day (one trip, whatever) and as far as I know, I could bring last year's mug from Typhoon Lagoon, pay them another $5 or something and get a new bar code and drinks this year too. The bar code turns on the soda machines around the park so you can get a refill. :

Why not a system like at Holiday World...home of the #1 rated wooden rollercoaster? FREE Unlimited Soft Drinks & Sunscreen! Then we could put all this refillable mug stuff to rest. If Holiday World can afford it, surely Disney could!

Why not a system like at Holiday World...home of the #1 rated wooden rollercoaster? FREE Unlimited Soft Drinks & Sunscreen! Then we could put all this refillable mug stuff to rest. If Holiday World can afford it, surely Disney could!

Who decides these things? :confused: I have also seen on travel channel that Cedar Point has the #1 rated wooden coaster and a local park here in CT, Lake Compounce, claims #1 wooden coaster status. We cannot have 3 #1 wooden coasters. :confused3 I want answers!:cool2:

Lake Compounce also gives unlimited free beverages.

Cedar Point is an hour away from us and while they did lower ticket prices last season, I have no clue about a refillable mug, haven't in the past.

Cedar Point does have some cool coasters. The original wood one, Blue Steak is so rough it will knock your fillings out.

Just got back from our first trip to OKW, and they had the same mugs as SSR. The reason I know this is that after purchasing one mug at OKW, DW & I went over to SSR one day for lunch at AP, and I commented to her that I should have brought my mug with me since SSR's were identical to mine.

Hello! When were you there? Did OKW still have the Fall 2006 ones as well?! My DH was laughing at me, but I was throwing an absolute FIT in the middle of AP that they still had FALL 2006 mugs when it was WINTER 2007. He bought one anyway for the soda and coffee as we always get our money worth.... but I was ticked! I asked everyone that was working what was up with that, and got some line about how they have "one for each season" and change them "every 4 or 5 months". Um.... even if I weren't all that great at math I would realize that they might be feeding me a line. There are four seasons in 12 months, right? :confused3

Just curious if that's what you saw/got as well! :goodvibes

I too wish they had their own unique mug (SSR) I also hope they come out with one of the industrial size 64oz mugs like they have at Coronado Springs. I want one for my water cup at home.

I just had a thought.....SSR finally designs a mug that is a good representation of that resort,
and somewhere on the mug is the name: Hanname. :cloud9:

:rotfl2:

& just taking it one step further, methinks an edible mug makes sense.
prob wouldn't last more than one vacation (perhaps less than one, depending upon whether or not your party is on the DDP), so no crossing into the muddy waters of mug ethics.
AND no negative impact on the environment. :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

welcome, OP!! :wave2:

Well..............

At least they aren't selling "tinkerbell" mugs at SSR anymore. I thought they were cute, but my husband complains he can't take this mug out of his drawer at work without getting razzed! :lmao:

Some cute guy mentioned to me how long I'd been there: since Fall of 2006. I said with a wink: I have a lot of points! :rolleyes1 only cute guy I actually got to talk to.... Thanks SSR mugs! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter