SSR Renovations

I am waiting on resale points to load to book a 5 night trip in July. Right now Saratoga is one of our available choices for a studio. If we book a preferred room, should this get us a refurbished room? We would request the springs section to be close to the main pool and a splash pad for my 2 year old. This is going to be a resort heavy trip, so a great pool is a must. We loved the paddock section last year, but brought an air mattress to use instead of the horrible couch. We really don’t want to do that this year. Thanks!

I am waiting on resale points to load to book a 5 night trip in July. Right now Saratoga is one of our available choices for a studio. If we book a preferred room, should this get us a refurbished room? We would request the springs section to be close to the main pool and a splash pad for my 2 year old. This is going to be a resort heavy trip, so a great pool is a must. We loved the paddock section last year, but brought an air mattress to use instead of the horrible couch. We really don’t want to do that this year. Thanks!

The Springs is the section being worked on now..from the reports...so it’s possible you’d get one, but it would depend on if they are finished by then.

The other preferred section, Congress Park, will be done so if you are there, you will have the refurbed room

The Springs is the section being worked on now..from the reports...so it’s possible you’d get one, but it would depend on if they are finished by then.

The other preferred section, Congress Park, will be done so if you are there, you will have the refurbed room
Thanks! If we get our points loaded in time to get the room, I will just wait til a couple of weeks before to put in my request. Not having to share one of those old sofa sleepers with my toddler is at the very top of my priority list!

So I just called and all of the Springs and Congress Park are "preferred"? None are standard? Just wondering what to request then or if not to request at all and cross my fingers for pixie dust.

So I just called and all of the Springs and Congress Park are "preferred"? None are standard? Just wondering what to request then or if not to request at all and cross my fingers for pixie dust.

Yes, that is correct. If you don't have a preferred category booked then you'll be in one of the other sections - Paddock, Grandstand or Carousel. I'd probably put in a request for either Paddock or Grandstand or even both.

For standard rooms I request the Grandstand as it is closer to the main building and the west side walkway to DS and boat dock.

If you mean pixie dust to be put in a preferred section when you book standard, that won’t happen unless something happens to take your room out of service.

You may get lucky and be moved to a preferred building because of renovations. I was also told to ask for the paddock or grandstand buildings as my requests. I’m staying in my first SSR studio in a couple of months!

You may get lucky and be moved to a preferred building because of renovations. I was also told to ask for the paddock or grandstand buildings as my requests. I’m staying in my first SSR studio in a couple of months!
I really want to hear how your stay goes. I want to try a SSR studio, but will likely book preferred. My concern is shlepping luggage over to a building not close to the checkin area. Will they shuttle you over? Which buildings are close or walkable? That’s the one thing we did not like about OKW. We never have a car.

I really want to hear how your stay goes. I want to try a SSR studio, but will likely book preferred. My concern is shlepping luggage over to a building not close to the checkin area. Will they shuttle you over? Which buildings are close or walkable? That’s the one thing we did not like about OKW. We never have a car.

Since we’re only going for one night, I decided to rent a car the other day. An intermediate car is only $50 through Costco. I’m still checking to see if it goes down, but that’s cheaper or at least the same as the Ubers we planned on taking to/from MK and to the airport. I’d rather have a car and be in charge of my own destiny versus taking an Uber at that price.

I’ll let you know how the stay goes. It’s not until April though. :)

They will shuttle you and your luggage over (golf carts). The Springs section (preferred) is definitely walkable though (we did it with our bags and a baby in a stroller when we checked in) those 3 buildings are directly across the street from the main building (maybe a 5 minute walk tops), and you have easy access to Paddock Pool (3-5 minute walk) and the pool by the main building (maybe a 2 minute walk) as well (the other areas all have smaller internal pools as well from what I could see walking the grounds, but Paddock Pool and the pool by the main building have slides and splash areas for the kids. We had similar concerns about how big the resort was, but were in building 4101-4436 and really enjoyed our stay. Room wasn't renovated obviously, but was still an enjoyable stay. Bus stop loop was right outside of our building...and the walk to the boat for Disney Springs was maybe 10 minutes.

They will help you get your luggage to and from any of the sections. I have stayed at Grandstand, Congress Park, and the Springs. Every time, I was asked if we wanted help. We took it for a Congress Park as that was the farthest one of the three I have stayed in,

One time, we did call bell services to come and get them as it was a group of 6 and then we met them at the Carriage House.

They will shuttle you and your luggage over (golf carts). The Springs section (preferred) is definitely walkable though (we did it with our bags and a baby in a stroller when we checked in) those 3 buildings are directly across the street from the main building (maybe a 5 minute walk tops), and you have easy access to Paddock Pool (3-5 minute walk) and the pool by the main building (maybe a 2 minute walk) as well (the other areas all have smaller internal pools as well from what I could see walking the grounds, but Paddock Pool and the pool by the main building have slides and splash areas for the kids. We had similar concerns about how big the resort was, but were in building 4101-4436 and really enjoyed our stay. Room wasn't renovated obviously, but was still an enjoyable stay. Bus stop loop was right outside of our building...and the walk to the boat for Disney Springs was maybe 10 minutes.
How close is the Congress Park building ( that is preferred I think)?

They will help you get your luggage to and from any of the sections. I have stayed at Grandstand, Congress Park, and the Springs. Every time, I was asked if we wanted help. We took it for a Congress Park as that was the farthest one of the three I have stayed in,

One time, we did call bell services to come and get them as it was a group of 6 and then we met them at the Carriage House.
So Grandstand ( standard) is closer than Congress Park ( preferred)?

How close is the Congress Park building ( that is preferred I think)?

I would say about a 8-10 minute walk from the main building...we walked from the Springs section (also preferred) to Disney Springs one morning and you have to go through Congress Park section to get there...was an easy walk, but I'd pry consider having them shuttle you with suit cases.

probably by a little bit...Congress Park is preferred because of it's location to Disney Springs IMO...basically the preferred sections are the closest one to Disney Springs (Congress Park) or the closest one to the main building (The Springs).

It depends on what building you end up in. The closest Grand Stand building definitely are nearer the Carriage House but the further ones away might be similar distance or even a little further away than the closest Congress Parks building are to the Carriage House. Kind of like BWV standard view rooms that might be right off the lobby or might be a trek down a hallway. I'd think that even the Springs section has buildings that are further away than the closest Grand Stand buildings.

It depends on what building you end up in. The closest Grand Stand building definitely are nearer the Carriage House but the further ones away might be similar distance or even a little further away than the closest Congress Parks building are to the Carriage House. Kind of like BWV standard view rooms that might be right off the lobby or might be a trek down a hallway. I'd think that even the Springs section has buildings that are further away than the closest Grand Stand buildings.

3101-3436 in springs is probably a similar distance to closest grandstand building, but the other 2 in the springs are definitely closer, than closest Grandstand building.

probably by a little bit...Congress Park is preferred because of it's location to Disney Springs IMO...basically the preferred sections are the closest one to Disney Springs (Congress Park) or the closest one to the main building (The Springs).

Yes, I have stayed in both. Even the farthest building in the Grandstand was a shorter walk for me to Carriage House than when I stayed at Congress Park and was in the closest building to the walkway you’d use to go to Carriage House.

CP is preferred due to easy walk to Disney Springs MArketplace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter