SSR Renovations

Any updates on the progress of the SSR refurbs? I saw on here that they had finished CP and are now working on the springs. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the extra whopping 3 points for preferred for our night in April. 1st world problems...

Any updates on the progress of the SSR refurbs? I saw on here that they had finished CP and are now working on the springs. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth the extra whopping 3 points for preferred for our night in April. 1st world problems...
Last I heard from someone on site a few weeks ago was they were working on Springs but still the last building on Congress. I know someone staying in a few weeks who always gives good updates. I’d be booking preferred personally.

Id definitely book a preferred room and send in a room request to get an updated room.....

I needed a single night next week and a preferred studio magically appeared after a day stalking. I’ve never stayed at Saratoga Springs before. Can I request what building I want during check in? Any to avoid?

I needed a single night next week and a preferred studio magically appeared after a day stalking. I’ve never stayed at Saratoga Springs before. Can I request what building I want during check in? Any to avoid?

People tend to avoid The Carousel mainly because it is the farthest away from the Carriage House (the main hub) and doesn't have a dedicated pool like the other sections do.

Will the renovated studios have a third bed in order to accommodate 5 people? For instance the smaller fold down bed under the TV?

Will the renovated studios have a third bed in order to accommodate 5 people? For instance the smaller fold down bed under the TV?
No, they’ve just put the extra under TV Murphy in the 1 and 2 beds for some reason- suspect to push more people to 1 beds, also having 5 in a studio is causing more wear and tear.

No, they’ve just put the extra under TV Murphy in the 1 and 2 beds for some reason- suspect to push more people to 1 beds, also having 5 in a studio is causing more wear and tear.

Hmmm...I wonder why. At BCV and BWV they did the opposite. The studios have that Murphy bed under the TV, but the 1BRs do not. It was one of the reasons we sold BWV. Also, they put that bed in all the rooms at RIV. Maybe it’s a space constraint in the studios at SSR???

Hmmm...I wonder why. At BCV and BWV they did the opposite. The studios have that Murphy bed under the TV, but the 1BRs do not. It was one of the reasons we sold BWV. Also, they put that bed in all the rooms at RIV. Maybe it’s a space constraint in the studios at SSR???
Maybe they did the opposite at SSR because of so many complaints about BWV & BCV studios sleeping five and 1 bedrooms sleeping only four (which of course led to the “sleeps five if you bring your own bedding” routine). Space constraints and wanting to push people to 1 bedrooms are both good reasons to do so.

No. Only just started the Springs.

Is that the only section that isn’t renovated? I am unfamiliar with Sarasota Springs but it was the only thing available in less than a week. I requested Congress Park.

Is that the only section that isn’t renovated? I am unfamiliar with Sarasota Springs but it was the only thing available in less than a week. I requested Congress Park.
No this is the second section to be renovated, out of 5. The only one done is Congress Park. Congress Park and Springs are the two preferred areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts