SSR Renovations

When I bought SSR, it seemed like contemporary Saratoga condo styling (ie it was the 1st to have granite counters and furnishings weren’t recalling a certain period of time or even horses). and was basically the resort closest to how I would decorate my own home because most of the country gravitates to the same style.
So I’d expect any refurb to match the new general style popular around the country.
Now, a resort like Boardwalk should always be turn of the century Boardwalk because the theme definition included a year.

My take has always been that most consumers paying $400-1000 per night for a villa, or five-figures for a timeshare purchase, expect accommodations that reflect current hospitality standards. Certain resorts lend themselves better to unique in-room theming like Poly, Wilderness and Animal Kingdom. It's fairly easy to add distinctive furniture pieces and fixtures which evoke the theme, though it doesn't surprise me that recent updates lean more toward lighter colors as most expect these days.

Other resort themes are more neutral. I never found Beach Club or BoardWalk guest rooms to reflect any strong theming. The recent refurbishments strike me as a nice balance of clean, 21st century room decor that doesn't clash with the exterior building theme.

Saratoga is built around a theme that doesn't resonate with a lot of guests. And the early American room decor is just soooo out of style. These refurbishments are so infrequent (14+ years) that I don't see how they could justify spending millions to "update" the rooms with a look that hasn't been popular since the 1990s.

Any update on what rooms have been done up till now - December 2020? We are arriving Dec 23 and are hoping for an refurbished room. We are currently booked for a Deluxe Studio.

Any update on what rooms have been done up till now - December 2020? We are arriving Dec 23 and are hoping for an refurbished room. We are currently booked for a Deluxe Studio.
Are you booked in a Preferred area or a Standard area (those are specific booking categories, should say on your reservation)? All the Preferred buildings have been renovated but very few of the Standard. I’m not sure whether any Standard buildings are complete and reopened yet.

Last I read they were on paddock but that was back in October. The preferred category rooms are complete :)

Are you booked in a Preferred area or a Standard area (those are specific booking categories, should say on your reservation)? All the Preferred buildings have been renovated but very few of the Standard. I’m not sure whether any Standard buildings are complete and reopened yet.
Standard area - wondering what odds are of getting a reno'd room. FYI - it's our honeymoon...

Standard area - wondering what odds are of getting a reno'd room. FYI - it's our honeymoon...
:guilty: Sorry, your odds are not good for a refurbished Standard room right now since they just recently started on the Standard sections. OTOH, maybe they’ll upgrade you - many reports of that recently since the resorts aren’t as full as usual. Hopefully there’s a note on your reservation that it’s your honeymoon! Wishing you :tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink:

:guilty: Sorry, your odds are not good for a refurbished Standard room right now since they just recently started on the Standard sections. OTOH, maybe they’ll upgrade you - many reports of that recently since the resorts aren’t as full as usual. Hopefully there’s a note on your reservation that it’s your honeymoon! Wishing you :tink::tink::tink::tink::tink::tink:
I requested a renovated room in the paddock section and got it back in November. It was awesome and they even upgraded us from a standard studio to 2 bedroom. (Paddock building 45, room 4727). I had member services add the room request, we were staying on our DVC points. They seemed to be working pretty diligently, I would imagine even more standard rooms would be finished by now. Doesn’t hurt to ask. Enjoy your honeymoon!

I requested a renovated room in the paddock section and got it back in November. It was awesome and they even upgraded us from a standard studio to 2 bedroom. (Paddock building 45, room 4727). I had member services add the room request, we were staying on our DVC points. They seemed to be working pretty diligently, I would imagine even more standard rooms would be finished by now. Doesn’t hurt to ask. Enjoy your honeymoon!
Thank you so much! We are sooooooooooooooo excited to be there for Christmas! Side note: we are to get 20" of snow today (Central PA) - so leaving this snow wonderland for Disney will be the icing on the cake!

Here now at Saratoga wrapping up a 17 night stay, so got to watch the refurb. They just started to prep Grandstand for the refurb today. They are removing the old furniture etc. It looks like Paddock is pretty much done. I didn’t see them working on Carousel, but I can look tomorrow.

Anyone coming and staying standard will have a great shot at renovated if they are in Paddock.

Attachments

• CB5F3B61-BC60-4152-8870-AA1BD726615B.jpeg
    CB5F3B61-BC60-4152-8870-AA1BD726615B.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 76
  • A3D116A0-A5C7-4A78-AA55-2400965FD1B0.jpeg
    A3D116A0-A5C7-4A78-AA55-2400965FD1B0.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 75F909D9-0BB9-4A0C-8481-AD9CDF5EAEF8.jpeg
    75F909D9-0BB9-4A0C-8481-AD9CDF5EAEF8.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 72
Here now at Saratoga wrapping up a 17 night stay, so got to watch the refurb. They just started to prep Grandstand for the refurb today. They are removing the old furniture etc. It looks like Paddock is pretty much done. I didn’t see them working on Carousel, but I can look tomorrow.

Anyone coming and staying standard will have a great shot at renovated if they are in Paddock.
Thanks for the update. Glad that the Paddock is almost done. That’s good news about the Grandstand. We will be there in the fall can’t wait for the new rooms.

Thanks for the update. Glad that the Paddock is almost done. That’s good news about the Grandstand. We will be there in the fall can’t wait for the new rooms.

They are working on Carousel too. Drove in there before we left. They are probably trying to take advantage of low season!

Speculation that refurb will be complete by July? I’m also considering December, though that seems a forgone conclusion.

I have a family of 5 and would be booking a one bedroom standard view so I kinda feel like we’d very likely get a refurbed one just because of our party size.

Last edited:
Speculation that refurb will be complete by July? I’m also considering December and that seems a forgone conclusion.

have family of 5 and would be booking a one bedroom standard view so I kinda feel like we’d very likely get a refurbed one just because of our party size.
I would imagine by July if it isn’t done they’ll be working on the last few buildings and it won’t be possible to be placed in a non-refurbed room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter