SSR Standard

lizdis1

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are looking to move our trip to Sept and probably booking SSR standard 2 bedroom. I have heard mixed reviews about the conditions of these rooms. Does anyone have an feedback from a recent trip? Also, which location would be best for us with a three year old and a golfing husband?
Thanks!!

Right now, it is anyone's guess how far the refurb will be by September. Congress Park (preferred) is done, and they're working on Springs (paused, also preferred). In theory they should be through Springs and started/maybe completed some Standard buildings.

Condition of unit for the not-refurbed units depends on the unit. You can have a pristine unit next to a banged up one.

Paddock is best Standard location. But it is both a request, and could very well be a construction zone in September. I'd request "away from construction" as my primary and roll from there.

The Grandstand section is the closest of standard locations to the Carriage House (check in and restaurants) and is also where the Club House for the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is located. The Grandstand is also the first bus stop for theme park buses.

The Grandstand section is the closest of standard locations to the Carriage House (check in and restaurants) and is also where the Club House for the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course is located. The Grandstand is also the first bus stop for theme park buses.

Sounds like the perfect place for us. Thanks!

Right now, it is anyone's guess how far the refurb will be by September. Congress Park (preferred) is done, and they're working on Springs (paused, also preferred). In theory they should be through Springs and started/maybe completed some Standard buildings.

Condition of unit for the not-refurbed units depends on the unit. You can have a pristine unit next to a banged up one.

Paddock is best Standard location. But it is both a request, and could very well be a construction zone in September. I'd request "away from construction" as my primary and roll from there.

Thank you! And if I got a terribly banged up unit I could probably complain and hopefully get a better one (unless it's totally full).

This...Yes

But keep in mind, I requested closest to Carriage house as a request, and 2 out of the 3 times staying at SSR I was able to get Grandstand.. 1 time right near where it says 8501, and the other was above where it says 9501....A Huge difference...
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/saratoga.htm

The other time we requested Paddock closest to pool, and they gave us the the bldg. just to the left of the pool, and we got the last room right near where it says 5101,,,,A very nice location :thumbsup2

I agree with Grandstand. Some of the buildings are close to the main building (Carriage House) with the food area. We were there last year and there were no issues with the room or the stay. At the Grandstand you do need to allow extra time for the busses because it is the 1st stop and it can take a while to get around to the other stops and to the parks but on the flip side when you are being dropped off you are the 1st stop as well :)

yes that bldg, (no matter what room your in) is a nice short walk... also when we stayed in Grandstand, we walked to the Carriage house for a quick snack/coffee every morning and then just proceeded to the bus stops there. We only werent able to get on a full bus, once...

Also close proximity to the boat dock for Disney Springs
That is true. Not a far walk at all. This is the absolute best standard location to me, and I would think that Disney has had to take notice if a lot of people are requesting this location. It is closer to the CH than the very last building in the Springs section.

I agree with Grandstand. Some of the buildings are close to the main building (Carriage House) with the food area. We were there last year and there were no issues with the room or the stay. At the Grandstand you do need to allow extra time for the busses because it is the 1st stop and it can take a while to get around to the other stops and to the parks but on the flip side when you are being dropped off you are the 1st stop as well :)

That's a great tip re buses, thank you! If we are in a serious rush we can always do a Minnie Van, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter