Staff Holiday gifts

ChattaDIS

Mouseketeer
i am looking for any unique holiday gift ideas for my staff. Probably a $20-25 budget per person. Let me know your ideas or what you have done or received in the past.

My boss gave us Swell water bottles one year but I think they are more than $25.00. They may have a cheaper version called Sip? I'm not sure the difference. Do you have males or females? I received a blanket scarf from a coworker which I loved and huggable hangers. I also received an Amazon Echo which I never would have purchased but it's pretty cool and we use it.

I'd say a Visa or Mastercard gift card so everyone can get something they want or can use.
I have cabinets full of coffee mugs, water bottles, hats, ski caps, scarves, hoodies, windbreakers and shirts that I have received over the years.
Only thing I really got that was cool was 5 years ago they gave us all HD flip cameras, but that cost them about $70 each, so above your price threshold.

I'd do a dinner or dessert and a movie gift card set...while those are $50 on Amazon (b/c they come in $25s each), you can buy multipacks of fandango for $10 each and then multipacks of something like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback, Red Robin, Cheesecake Factory, Applebee's, all of Darden chains (might be best for choices), or Starbucks for $15 each (or CPK for $20)...find some nice cards to put them in with the thoughts of enjoying a night out for all the work they've done for you...and be done...a little more personal and directed than a Visa card, but still useful to anyone...

I had a boss who gave us all sandstone coasters. Stack of 4 in a holder. Still using them 20 years later.

Starbucks, Dunkin, Gas or a Visa gift card.

Do you think they might like a bottle of wine or a Yankee Candle, box of cookies/chocolates..............local diner/breakfast/dessert gift certificate?

I think a Visa Gift card for everyone is a safe way to go.

went to a sees candy store one year. they have these great heavy duty mugs so i asked if they go do them up with goodies if i set a dollar limit. they said 'no problem-just let us know any allergies'. they did them up with all kinds of goodies such that the cups were wrapped up in cellophane bags and overflowing (you can get an amazing amount of top notch candies when you are buying them individually vs. by the pound). my staff loved it-they kept them at work so they wouldn't have to share them with their kids:teeth: sees did this for no charge other than the cup/candies.

I actually don’t recall ever getting anything I really wanted or needed, and most items were donated to charity or given to someone else who had a use for them. The only things I ever kept were consumables (food or lottery tickets) and I would have kept gift cards/movie passes to most places.

Other things I appreciated/made use of were trays of cookies or other foods in the workplace for all to enjoy, and lunch brought in for everyone as a holiday party. Some years I wasn’t even there to partake in it, but that was OK too.

Do you have an onsite cafeteria, restaurant or coffee shop? My manager gives us $25 gift cards to ours. It is nice to have 4-5 free meals.

My boss did something fun last year. She bought $25 gift cards - enough for each person at different stores (ie 16 people / 16 different stores) and placed them in envelopes. We then played yankee swap. First person picks one off the tree and opens, then next one can steal or pick a new one. There was some "stealing" but all in all people were happy with what they ended up with. She picked places around our office (Starbucks, Chick fil a, Bath and Body works, etc) and were gender neutral. LOL - don't want those guys getting Victorias Secret.

She's planning on doing it again this year since everyone had so much fun with it. And for you the gift giver, some stores offer up an extra $5 coupon or free item when you purchase a $25 gift card so you may end up with some freebies on top of it.

Gift cards, Visa gift cards or lottery tickets.

Every actual gift I've gotten at work has ended up in the trash, in a junk drawer or given to someone else. It's usually smelly lotions, candles, wine and things like that. Well I don't like fruity scented lotions or candles. I'm more of a clean scent person. I can't drink wine. Most people buy the same thing for everyone and like a PP stated, you can't please everyone.

I've only ever had 1 manager in my career who gave a gift to her staff. And she always gave us a "self help" book related to careers, and then insisted we discuss what we learned from it a week or two afterwards. Nothing says Merry Christmas like "fix yourself!" :mad:

Most of my managers have just taken us out to lunch (or arranged a catered lunch), or given a card and maybe a small piece of candy, if that. Which I'm good with. So I'm always amazed at these conversations that indicate people are giving their staff gifts!

Last edited:
Good gifts I have received in that range: Golf style Umbrella with workplace logo, gift cards, portable power bank (also got a Bondi cell phone holder, which I don't use but others do-would be good for hands free in the car, but I have a magnetic mount instead)
Being taken to lunch
Pass to leave 30 minutes early or come 30 minutes late

Things that are nice that I don't love as much--scarves (don't really wear them), coffee (don't drink it), fuzzy socks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter