Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

So when you’re seeing the WL drop off your dashboards, is it still showing up in the waitlist section under “Active”?

This morning I called MS to see about cash res for the two nights missing in the middle of my April trip, as a backup because I had those days waitlisted. While on the phone the CM noticed the WLs had been matched, so that was a surprise. If one of the nights matched when it dropped off my dashboard, that was a couple of weeks ago and the second night a few days ago I think. Hmmmm. When would they have gotten around to confirming the nights if I hadn’t called??? I thought since the WL was still showing up in “active” that there was no match yet.

Anyway, WL won this one because I have been stalking several times a day.

I once waited a couple of weeks to see when they'd confirm the match. Finally had to give in and call as I couldn't take it any more. :laughing:

both times it dropped off the dashboard but was still listed under waitlists

Last edited:
Waitlist came through for me!!! Surprisingly, got no notification that the 1 night I was looking for opened up.

Waitlist came through for me!!! Surprisingly, got no notification that the 1 night I was looking for opened up.
Congratulations! Yay for the waitlist! What notification are you referring to? Like an email confirmation?

Thanks! I'm pretty jazzed. No, I use a 3rd party app that I pay for, that generally is pretty good for sending text notifications when rooms open up, etc. So I had been booking a 5 night stay night by night, using my WL to get 1 night at a time. So I had a BWV P/G 1BR already booked, but was trying to get either BWV 1br STD or BLT 1br std. I had made a WL for the whole 5-6 nights for the BWV 1br std and didn't want to drop that. So then I was piecing together the BLT stay night by night. After a few weeks in the summer, I had M and F done, and Tu-Th were intermittently available and not available but not all available at the same time. Th looked like the toughest night, so I used my remaining WL for Th. In the meantime, Tu and W got booked. 2 weeks ago the app sent me a text that Th was available, and it had not been available (acc to the app) since the 7mo mark. So I booked Th (having to borrow points), and WL the W night. The app sent me a notification that Tu came up, so I booked that, still continuing to WL. At that point I had M, T, Th, F. But I never received a text that W was available, and I hadn't bothered to check the RAT in a while because I check the app every day (even without getting texts) and it looked like it had been unavailable for months. So in an idle moment I decided to check the RAT and my dashboard and W was gone! I had had to call in to MS to book either the Th or Tu night, and had gotten a light reprimand about holding way too many nights for the same period. So when I saw the Thursday night gone from my WL I assumed that someone took it off because I had too many nights reserved, and the app never notified me.

More here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/waitlist-beat-stalking-this-time.3644385/

Thanks! I'm pretty jazzed. No, I use a 3rd party app that I pay for, that generally is pretty good for sending text notifications when rooms open up, etc. So I had been booking a 5 night stay night by night, using my WL to get 1 night at a time. So I had a BWV P/G 1BR already booked, but was trying to get either BWV 1br STD or BLT 1br std. I had made a WL for the whole 5-6 nights for the BWV 1br std and didn't want to drop that. So then I was piecing together the BLT stay night by night. After a few weeks in the summer, I had M and F done, and Tu-Th were intermittently available and not available but not all available at the same time. Th looked like the toughest night, so I used my remaining WL for Th. In the meantime, Tu and W got booked. 2 weeks ago the app sent me a text that Th was available, and it had not been available (acc to the app) since the 7mo mark. So I booked Th (having to borrow points), and WL the W night. The app sent me a notification that Tu came up, so I booked that, still continuing to WL. At that point I had M, T, Th, F. But I never received a text that W was available, and I hadn't bothered to check the RAT in a while because I check the app every day (even without getting texts) and it looked like it had been unavailable for months. So in an idle moment I decided to check the RAT and my dashboard and W was gone! I had had to call in to MS to book either the Th or Tu night, and had gotten a light reprimand about holding way too many nights for the same period. So when I saw the Thursday night gone from my WL I assumed that someone took it off because I had too many nights reserved, and the app never notified me.

More here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/waitlist-beat-stalking-this-time.3644385/
Wow that's some great work, kboo! Glad you were able to piece your vacay together. And that sounds like a great app! Sure beats stalking. So maybe the W night never showed up in general availability and that's why the app didn't notify you? The disney waitlist system remains a Mystery! I'm holding out hope my 1 day waitlist for thanksgiving night will come through so I don't have to change resorts. I stalk daily, but have seen no movement. And now that it's less than 31 days out, I'm grasping at straws. Won't be the end of the world to switch resorts considering I was able to piece the entire thanksgiving trip together at around the 50 day mark! That was a stalking win for me

Also interesting, the week in the 1BR BWV P/G that I canceled never showed up in general availability either, according to the app. I checked right after canceling it last night, and also a couple of hours later. So maybe the WL does work most of the time.

I have found that over time the WL is beating stalking quite often.

I got a great deal on airfare for Veteran's Day weekend. So about 2 weeks out I started stalking/waitlisting. I originally had a SSR Standard View waitlisted, but grabbed one night in a one bedroom Preferred view and changed my wait list. I kept stalking several times a day for a week with no success and then "bingo" email from Disney saying my waitlist cleared!

As for the app, eventually Disney will do for it what it's done for the other's trying to profit off of them... :)

Three or so weeks ago, after waiting at least 2 weeks for a match to be completed (per it disappearing from the dashboard), I finally called into MS to have it matched up. The CM saw it but needed to take another step to verify they could finalize the match.

both times it dropped off the dashboard but was still listed under waitlists

I'm a new member so I'm going through my first experience with the waitlist. I need one night in May (and another DVC room booked for that same night just in case). According to the RAT the night I want is now available and it has been most of the day. I haven't booked it, as I'm concerned about losing the one night that I do have booked if I cancel it and the night I want disappears (there's no more availability at the other resort and I borrowed points and the used points are identical to my waitlist...). And the waitlist should be pretty foolproof for just one night, right?

I guess I'm just wondering if I can reasonably conclude that my waitlist has matched? When I look at "My Dashboard" I don't see anything about a waitlist, only on the waitlist page. Reading this thread leads me to believe it has matched, but hasn't been processed. However, there has never been anything about a waitlist on my dashboard page. Is that because I already have a room for the night I want? Obviously there's no one at Member Services today so I can't call.

I'm a new member so I'm going through my first experience with the waitlist. I need one night in May (and another DVC room booked for that same night just in case). According to the RAT the night I want is now available and it has been most of the day. I haven't booked it, as I'm concerned about losing the one night that I do have booked if I cancel it and the night I want disappears (there's no more availability at the other resort and I borrowed points and the used points are identical to my waitlist...). And the waitlist should be pretty foolproof for just one night, right?

I guess I'm just wondering if I can reasonably conclude that my waitlist has matched? When I look at "My Dashboard" I don't see anything about a waitlist, only on the waitlist page. Reading this thread leads me to believe it has matched, but hasn't been processed. However, there has never been anything about a waitlist on my dashboard page. Is that because I already have a room for the night I want? Obviously there's no one at Member Services today so I can't call.

Normally I'd say yes, that it has matched but needs to be finalized.

Are you sure you never had one showing on your dashboard though? The waitlist should have shown at the bottom of the section "My Vacation Plans" underneath your nights that were reserved. Those say "booked" after them and the waitlist would have said "waitisted". It would have been just above the area "Plan Your Next Vacation".

Normally I'd say yes, that it has matched but needs to be finalized.

Are you sure you never had one showing on your dashboard though? The waitlist should have shown at the bottom of the section "My Vacation Plans" underneath your nights that were reserved. Those say "booked" after them and the waitlist would have said "waitisted". It would have been just above the area "Plan Your Next Vacation".

No, I'm not sure. I don't remember seeing it, but I haven't looked at that particular page much - mostly just the RAT. I may not have really looked for the waitlist info on the dashboard until tonight after rereading some of the info here. If waitlists always show there, then I probably just missed it.

No, I'm not sure. I don't remember seeing it, but I haven't looked at that particular page much - mostly just the RAT. I may not have really looked for the waitlist info on the dashboard until tonight after rereading some of the info here. If waitlists always show there, then I probably just missed it.

The only thing that comes to mind that it wouldn't have shown there was if there was a glitch in setting up the waitlist. But if it's not something you were really looking for it would be easy to miss. Hope that you did get the match! Just call tomorrow and ask MS if it did happen. Most CM's will be able to get it finalized although I've had one that just indicated it would be matched up by the CM who does that. I assumed they were inexperienced and in those cases just call back later for someone else.

The only thing that comes to mind that it wouldn't have shown there was if there was a glitch in setting up the waitlist. But if it's not something you were really looking for it would be easy to miss. Hope that you did get the match! Just call tomorrow and ask MS if it did happen. Most CM's will be able to get it finalized although I've had one that just indicated it would be matched up by the CM who does that. I assumed they were inexperienced and in those cases just call back later for someone else.

Thank you. I initially see the waitlist online, but then called to adjust it once I booked the single room so I assume it was set correctly. I guess I was mostly concerned because what I was reading about everyone else's experience didn't match what I was seeing and I couldn't call DVC to ensure it had matched. I will definitely call tomorrow. Thank you again for the information and advice. :-)

I called and they confirmed that the waitlist had matched. The CM was able to get it swapped and the reservations merged. However, she initially tried to borrow more points to do it, rather than replacing my existing one-night stay at the different resort. Apparently when I called previously to adjust the waitlist to replace my other stay the CM didn't actually do it. This CM said there was nothing in the file indicating as such. :confused3 I'm glad I called.

Wanted to add an additional night at the GCV and had it waitlisted and was checking daily. Today, noticed it available on the RAT-June 18- and grabbed it. My waitlist still showed as active....

I canceled 2 studios at Bwv for June and neither went to the rat. Some assorted days did, but not the entire reservations, so guessing either someone had great split second timing or the WL grabbed many of the days. I canceled each studio about one week apart.

So thrilled my waitlist came through for BCV on December 30th. I had waitlisted it the moment the 7 month window opened, and have been stalking several times a day, EVERY day, for the past 6 months. It finally matched with 34 days to go! I had stalked around midnight the night before with no luck, but early Sunday afternoon when I logged on, it had matched, and merged with the reservations for the night before and after that I already had, so no need to call MS. So happy to not have to stalk anymore!!!

I’m stalking and have WL set-up for BWV STD. studio in June. We snagged most of our stay except 2 nights in the middle. Hoping something gives considering we’re past the 7 month mark and cash availability is showing for our nights.

Wait list won this time! I stalked multiple times a day and it matched this AM!!! Still looking for two more days but happy we got BWV for most of our stay.

Been stalking and WL for my daughter’s 1 night at Bwv garden view studio for January 31th. She is booked at SSR that night, then moves to Bwv for the next 3 nights. Only have a few weeks before it ends. She’s been waitlisting a few months now for that 1 night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter