Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

Stalking Wins Again - Booked a trip last week for DW & I for late February- found 4 nights together in a BW 1BR Garden and Pool. Booked a BLT Studio for the first night and waitlisted for the Boardwalk 1BR. After 1 week of checking availability once a day, the BW 1BR Garden and Pool showed available and booked it and then I went back and cancelled the waitlist.

My wait list came through.... Today? I didn't get an email, so I'm not really sure when it happened. Second wait list that's come through in the past year. Just saying.

I stalked and waitlisted a single night in late March for BCV. The waitlist came through and I received an email immediately. So chalk one up to the WL.

Another point for waitlist. Got my last bight at Poly lake view for my daughter. No email though. Never have got an email. 8 waitlist matches.

I've been stalking diligently for months now, and finally today I had some success!! Had a 3-Day Wait List for a trip coming up NEXT WEEKEND, and 2 of my days consecutively popped up on the RAT today!!! Now I have to stalk for that last (first) night...Lol!!

I've been stalking diligently for months now, and finally today I had some success!! Had a 3-Day Wait List for a trip coming up NEXT WEEKEND, and 2 of my days consecutively popped up on the RAT today!!! Now I have to stalk for that last (first) night...Lol!!
Wow. You like living on the edge!

Yay! My waitlist for a Poly lake view studio (for 4 nights over July 4th) just came through. I have been stalking with no success for months, but received a surprise e -mail this afternoon. I am about 5 for 5 with waitlists, and was notified by e-mail all but once. I'm so excited to watch the fireworks from our balcony!

Wow. You like living on the edge!
Lol, yeah we only live a few hours away so we have the luxury of being able to plan truly last minute trips.
Yay! My waitlist for a Poly lake view studio (for 4 nights over July 4th) just came through. I have been stalking with no success for months, but received a surprise e -mail this afternoon. I am about 5 for 5 with waitlists, and was notified by e-mail all but once. I'm so excited to watch the fireworks from our balcony!
That's awesome, and amazing...congrats!!

Stalking won for me tonight! Honestly, I’m surprised that the waitlist system didn’t work for me since I had only one night on my waitlist. When I saw my room sitting there I could hardly believe my eyes! Makes me wonder how the system really works haha. Yay!

First stalking attempt a success! Was able to switch OKW to Poly! Needed a studio for 5 and got it! Brand new to DVC and the DIS. Long time AP holder and excited to start this new journey! Stalk the RAT!!!

Stalking won for me tonight! Honestly, I’m surprised that the waitlist system didn’t work for me since I had only one night on my waitlist. When I saw my room sitting there I could hardly believe my eyes! Makes me wonder how the system really works haha. Yay!

I honestly don't believe the wait list is very sophisticated or automated. I was making a change to one of my reservations with MS on the phone with a very nice young lady and the wait list subject came up and she said something like "I'll probably be processing some wait lists later today when I have time" implying that the matches are identified daily but a MS rep still needs to manually process them. No wonder stalking often yields better/quicker results.

I honestly don't believe the wait list is very sophisticated or automated. I was making a change to one of my reservations with MS on the phone with a very nice young lady and the wait list subject came up and she said something like "I'll probably be processing some wait lists later today when I have time" implying that the matches are identified daily but a MS rep still needs to manually process them. No wonder stalking often yields better/quicker results.
That is interesting. I’ve been stalking the RAT for 3 weeks now. One day no changes then the next day a few spots would open up. If you can put in the time and effort it pays off.

A win for stalking over here. I waitlisted a single night for a Bay Lake standard studio to complete my Marathon 2019 reservation. Checked the RAT on a whim, and there was the single night just sitting pretty. My dashboard did not indicate my waitlist had matched, so I booked the single night and then canceled the waitlist request. Glad I was able to get all of my desired vacation dates!

I've been stalking for a few months now for a night in June (check a couple of times a day), and nothing. I have a room booked which I will be perfectly happy with, but I want to downgrade to a standard view to save some points. I have waitlisted the night as well, but so far, no success with that either. :/

I really don't know what to make of the waitlist system.

On the one hand, I matched for a BW studio first night of F&G without it ever showing in the RAT. Also, when I canceled an OKW studio for the Princess half marathon weekend to switch to a 1 bedroom, those days never showed up on the RAT.

On the other hand, I've also had success stalking within the past year where the 1 night I needed showed up on the RAT but didn't match my waitlist.

All I can do is :confused3.

I waitlisted and stalked via ****** 3 days over wine and dine marathon.

I got notification about the opening from ******, but couldn’t address it as I was on a work call.

An hour later I agonizingly checked and it was still available! My waitlist hasn’t matched so I reserved it and canceled the waitlist.

Worth the ****** pro price to me. Now I know I can purchase tickets for the run with confidence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts