Star Tours may replace Monsters Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneysource11

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, I've been hearing that "Star Tours" maybe moving over to Tomorrowland. I'm not sure what they'd do with "Monsters". I suppose it maybe moved somewhere else as well, perhaps Hollywood Studios.

That doesn’t make any sense.

Of course it does, Monster Inc has never belonged in Tomorrowland. Plus Disney already has a suitable cheap replacement for it to cut and paste. And more importantly it gets rid of the weirdness of having Star Tours sitting by itself not in a land.

It looks like Hollywood is going the Land route like all of the other Disney Parks.

Of course it does, Monster Inc has never belonged in Tomorrowland. Plus Disney already has a suitable cheap replacement for it to cut and paste. And more importantly it gets rid of the weirdness of having Star Tours sitting by itself not in a land.

It looks like Hollywood is going the Land route like all of the other Disney Parks.
No it doesn't make sense. You can't just take Star Tours and put it where Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Is. This isn't Disneyland and the Star Tours in WDW is larger than the DL counterpart. It's not going to Tomorrowland.

It ignores the fact this building cant feasibily hold all those simulators and the ride.

It’d be great to happen but it’s not practical

No it doesn't make sense. You can't just take Star Tours and put it where Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Is. This isn't Disneyland and the Star Tours in WDW is larger than the DL counterpart. It's not going to Tomorrowland.

Yeah, Star Tours is almost twice as bit ad Monsters Inc, and is a very different shape. I highly doubt they would do this, not to mention the Op has a pretty back track record for rumors.

Untitled.jpg

Yeah, Star Tours is almost twice as bit ad Monsters Inc, and is a very different shape. I highly doubt they would do this, not to mention the Op has a pretty back track record for rumors.

View attachment 367737
Much cheaper to slap some random IP into the existing simulators vs trying to transplant the ride as is and shove it into an awkward space

Well time is a construct, and based off relativity to massive objects (or something like that). So “a long time ago” may be happening now relative to our reality.

(You’re 100% right though 8-))

Suppose that is true ... just one of those “pet peeve” things I guess b/c it is one point that shows Star Wars isn’t science fiction (for when people compare it to Star Trek for example - b/c you can’t really compare them)

I could see Star Tours becoming a Monsters Inc simulator ride, going through 1 door and then another.

And, I guess Monsters Inc laugh floor could be changed to a Star Wars based show.

But, I can't see how it would be worth doing all this just to keep Star Wars inside Galaxy's edge at HS, especially as the themes match the attraction better the way it is now, than it would be with a switch..

How in the world does Star Tours fit in MK?? There's nothing that could mesh the 2 together....True the existing ST, is o/side of SWGE (W/ numerous talks about what will come of it) but at least it's in the same park, and very close to where an entrance will be.....I don't know but maybe an exit from the ride can lead you around the bldg. and very close to the entrance to SWGE...Sort of like the exit to TSMM, or what they did with Space Mtn...:confused3 Just sayin,,

The one thing I kept thinking was wouldn’t the simulators be too heavy for the utilitidors down below?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!