Star Tours may replace Monsters Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Tours will be the easiest to re-theme with cosmetics and a new movie if they decide to change it. Monsters Inc being just a show could also be re-themed maybe into something to do with Tomorrowland the movie. Stitch is the one I have in question. Maybe bring back an updated version of The Timekeeper? If I remember correctly, it was a circle attraction, A 360 movie with a robot narrator.

Monsters Inc being just a show could also be re-themed maybe into something to do with Tomorrowland the movie. Maybe bring back an updated version of The Timekeeper? If I remember correctly, it was a circle attraction, A 360 movie with a robot narrator.

These are jokes right? Both Tomorrowland the movie and The Timekeeper are horrible bombs that Disney should have never made.

These are jokes right? Both Tomorrowland the movie and The Timekeeper are horrible bombs that Disney should have never made.
Timekeeper was never a movie was it? Either that or it was so awful I never heard of it.

The space we should all be asking about is the stitch building. It’s weirdly shaped but a decent footprint if I remember previously discussions here. I’m not suggesting star tours would go there, but that that’s prime real estate to do something for a new attraction in Tomorrowland

Yeah they are jokes. You laughing? I actually enjoyed Tomorrowland so what makes you the expert on how good or bad they were? And I did say an "Updated" version. It was just a thought so don't be a rear end about it.

I disagree. Tomorrowland is not as bad as people made it out to be. It should have been better but that was a movie more or less made for hardcore Disney fans not the general public.
Issue is it did really crappy at the box office. I actually thought it was alright. But given that Disney nerds=disneys main audience, that higher ups would make the connection that it’d probably work in their parks (along with a lot of other things we could go on about). But that’s assuming that executives can actually connect those dots

Timekeeper was never a movie was it? Either that or it was so awful I never heard of it.

The space we should all be asking about is the stitch building. It’s weirdly shaped but a decent footprint if I remember previously discussions here. I’m not suggesting star tours would go there, but that that’s prime real estate to do something for a new attraction in Tomorrowland

Nope, I never said it was a movie. I said it was a bomb and horrible. It is the biggest time waster that Disney has ever made.

Yeah they are jokes. You laughing? I actually enjoyed Tomorrowland so what makes you the expert on how good or bad they were? And I did say an "Updated" version. It was just a thought so don't be a rear end about it.

Look at how much it cost to make and how much it made. It was a huge floparama. And yes it was unwatchable to most people. I'd rather watch the Nutcracker and the four realms than this steamer.

I think Stitch is right there with it. Or that Jack Sparrow thing.

Oh yeah, good one Teetz. I completely forgot about the Jack Sparrow thing. It is a worthy second in all time timewasters to that Pirate...Ship attraction.

Nope, I never said it was a movie. I said it was a bomb and horrible. It is the biggest time waster that Disney has ever made.
Alright, so I misread what you wrote. I never experienced it but if we’re going to reference wasteful attractions before my time, I’ve heard flight to the moon/mission to Mars was a joke as well

Alright, so I misread what you wrote. I never experienced it but if we’re going to reference wasteful attractions before my time, I’ve heard flight to the moon/mission to Mars was a joke as well

No prob bud, I hope I didn't come off as a Big D in my post.

We all know that Tomorrowland has never been the same (from a theming perspective) since they put in the IPs - Stitch, Buzz and Monster's Inc. But, for a while, that was the only place to see those IPs in the parks and Frankly, I have enjoyed all these attractions (at least the first time). My son's favorite ride is Buzz lightyear and we ride it MULTIPLE times each trip :). My wife and I enjoy the Laugh Floor - and while it is a pretty big theater for what it is (compared to the more intimate Turtle Talk), it's pretty funny. We haven't take the kids yet, but I am sure they'd enjoy it. Stitch -- well .... 'nuff said.

They don't fit exactly, but, let's face it, especially with TRON coming - Tomorrowland isn't really "Tomorrow" anymore . .just "sci-fi" land. (And neither is the speedway (never has been).
And I'm okay with that as long as the attractions are good. To return it to the original vision would take three brand new unique attractions which, let's face it, Disney doesn't seem to want to do anymore. (nor needs to with all the IPs they control (and keeps growing every year)).

We still don't know what the new vision of Tomorrowland will be and I'd be fine with Star Wars in Tomorrowland. I would think that, like Universal, Disney may want to spread out the Star Wars IP to another park to "get" Star Wars fans coming to SWGE to go to more than 1 park.

That being said, I can't see how they would put Star Tours into Tomorrowland. As many pointed out just from the building sizes, plus the cost to move the mechanics of the ride would be pretty high. Probably easier to start over from scratch.

(And neither is the speedway (never has been).

I would disagree with you on this one, from the perspective that most children won't sniff the steering wheel of a motor vehicle until at least the age of 16. In their eyes, it's something to look forward to in their own personal future and the first chance they'd get at actually driving something. I know that's how I looked at it back in '89 on my first trip.

There’s so much that should be done with that area. It has to be a thought to repurpose that and Stitch’s Escape. It’s such a huge footprint with huge potential.

There’s so much that should be done with that area. It has to be a thought to repurpose that and Stitch’s Escape. It’s such a huge footprint with huge potential.
Curious, what area should be re-purposed? Speedway? It was just stated that the speedway will be down from Jan 2 - May 2019 for refurbishing, some of that will be track moving to make room for Tron, I am hoping some of the TRON appearance rumors we have heard will happen as well. So I don't see the speedway going away.

As for Laugh Floor, I get it doesn't fit, but I do really enjoy this attraction, we go to it multiple times each trip. Would hate to see it disappear.

As for Stitch, I am not sure WDW will ever lock on a replacement there, they have had at least two plans ready to go and walked away from each.

I would disagree with you on this one, from the perspective that most children won't sniff the steering wheel of a motor vehicle until at least the age of 16. In their eyes, it's something to look forward to in their own personal future and the first chance they'd get at actually driving something. I know that's how I looked at it back in '89 on my first trip.

He's talking about theming in his post. As currently constructed it doesn't fit in Tomorrowland or even Sci Fi land.

I don't really care for Speedway, but I'd be cool with it staying if it got a retheme with robots and aliens. There is next to nothing to look at from the vehicles. Except maybe a kid or parent freaking out on their parent or kid.

They don't fit exactly, but, let's face it, especially with TRON coming - Tomorrowland isn't really "Tomorrow" anymore . .just "sci-fi" land. (And neither is the speedway (never has been).
To be honest that’s how Tomorrowland always was, just a celebration of the sci-fi genre. It just so happens that sci-fi was more so defined by what human can accomplish next before the first Star Wars came out. I believe in the 60s Disneyland had a walkthrough based off of 20,000 leagues under the sea which more so science fantasy then the world of tomorrow

To be honest that’s how Tomorrowland always was, just a celebration of the sci-fi genre. It just so happens that sci-fi was more so defined by what human can accomplish next before the first Star Wars came out. I believe in the 60s Disneyland had a walkthrough based off of 20,000 leagues under the sea which more so science fantasy then the world of tomorrow

Disneyland did have some of the sets from 20,000 Leagues I believe as a walk-through back in the early days. Disneyland Paris has a walk-through attraction currently, though their version of Tomorrowland is called Discoveryland and is more in line with that kind of Victorian sci-fi style (though they still have Star Tours).

Personally, I don't get too hung up on the themes of the attractions as long as they generally fit. I think Tomorrowland only needs some minor upgrades to really shine starting with the North show building where Stitch was. They need to put something in there, and I would like to see the Speedway be a little more Sci-Fi themed and use electric vehicles. Otherwise, Buzz and Monsters are fine. Maybe the People Mover could use some updates scenery along the track. Otherwise, with Tron coming, I think they're in decent shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter