Star Tours may replace Monsters Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that Tomorrowland has never been the same (from a theming perspective) since they put in the IPs - Stitch, Buzz and Monster's Inc. But, for a while, that was the only place to see those IPs in the parks and Frankly, I have enjoyed all these attractions (at least the first time). My son's favorite ride is Buzz lightyear and we ride it MULTIPLE times each trip :). My wife and I enjoy the Laugh Floor - and while it is a pretty big theater for what it is (compared to the more intimate Turtle Talk), it's pretty funny. We haven't take the kids yet, but I am sure they'd enjoy it. Stitch -- well .... 'nuff said.

They don't fit exactly, but, let's face it, especially with TRON coming - Tomorrowland isn't really "Tomorrow" anymore . .just "sci-fi" land. (And neither is the speedway (never has been).
And I'm okay with that as long as the attractions are good. To return it to the original vision would take three brand new unique attractions which, let's face it, Disney doesn't seem to want to do anymore. (nor needs to with all the IPs they control (and keeps growing every year)).

We still don't know what the new vision of Tomorrowland will be and I'd be fine with Star Wars in Tomorrowland. I would think that, like Universal, Disney may want to spread out the Star Wars IP to another park to "get" Star Wars fans coming to SWGE to go to more than 1 park.

That being said, I can't see how they would put Star Tours into Tomorrowland. As many pointed out just from the building sizes, plus the cost to move the mechanics of the ride would be pretty high. Probably easier to start over from scratch.
People would probably bemoan that this would be too much Star Wars, but in my dream world I’d love for them to put another Star Wars area, this time in MK, based off the OT era. It would also spread it out like Potter is at universal. The issue is MK is already super crowded as is, and this would make it way more worse. (But then again, MK could probably absorb the crowds fairly well since there’s so much to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter