Star Wars Day at Sea tips

DisneyDream2B

DIS Veteran
What are the highlights of SWDAS, not to be missed?

I've read that character meets are ticketed and can be reserved in advance. Is this a time for conversing/interacting, or just photos?

Any special meals/foods?

Are there Star Wars themed souvenirs?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

What are the highlights of SWDAS, not to be missed?

I've read that character meets are ticketed and can be reserved in advance. Is this a time for conversing/interacting, or just photos? both. we got some great photos with interactions 2 yrs ago.

Any special meals/foods? yes, special menu that night. many menu items renamed

Are there Star Wars themed souvenirs? tons!

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

meets- both interaction and photos

meal - special menu that night, many menu items renamed

souvenirs- lots

Are the fireworks on that day , do we still have a pirate night?

Are the fireworks on that day , do we still have a pirate night?

Still have pirate night with Mickey pirate show on deck followed by fireworks, last year no pirate menu, not sure about this year. Fireworks and a deck show also on SWDAS night.

The movies will be playing all week, but that day, I think the newest ones play a couple of times.

Hallway/atrium music will be SW themed.

Many people (but certainly not most or all) will be dressed up in some type of SW costume.

The movies will be playing all week, but that day, I think the newest ones play a couple of times.

This, but be aware that each of the older films played maybe once--one per day--during the cruise, which was somewhat disappointing.

The Last Jedi played on SWDAS multiple times in both the Buena Vista Theater and the Walt Disney Theater. Some showings were in 3-D and some were not.

For ours there was ticketed chewbacca, r2d2&c3po and darth Vader meet and greats. Each sailing has someone from Disney or Lucas films on board to do talks about their role, ours was a guy who does merchandise, he did two talks. Imperial officers and storm troopers roamed the ship as well as jawas who would trade knick knacks with you. There was remote controller BB-8 races in the atrium twice that day. There was also Jedi training which is a ticketed event. On deck 11 by the pool they had a little show every hour with Rey and storm troopers or boba fett as well as lots of Star Wars programming on the tunnel vision screen above the pool. There is also the transformations in the BBB that are by reservation. The kids club also has a bunch of stuff going on. There is Star Wars trivia in the pub. Special menu at supper but special just means regular food with Star Wars names and then the big show at 10pm followed by the fireworks.

As far as souvenirs each stateroom gets a Star Wars day at sea bed runner that you get to keep, it's neat. There are shirts and stuff for Star Wars day st sea but they are available all week long in the shops. The Jedi transformations is $100 and you can get Leai, Rey, Poe or Kylo Ren and you also get a custom name tag, sheet of magnets, lanyard and a bag to carry everything in.

All said it was the best day next to castaway cay. Anymore specific questions just ask away.

Hmmm, should I be bring things for the kids to trade? Any ideas?

For ours there was ticketed chewbacca, r2d2&c3po and darth Vader meet and greats. Each sailing has someone from Disney or Lucas films on board to do talks about their role, ours was a guy who does merchandise, he did two talks. Imperial officers and storm troopers roamed the ship as well as jawas who would trade knick knacks with you. There was remote controller BB-8 races in the atrium twice that day. There was also Jedi training which is a ticketed event. On deck 11 by the pool they had a little show every hour with Rey and storm troopers or boba fett as well as lots of Star Wars programming on the tunnel vision screen above the pool. There is also the transformations in the BBB that are by reservation. The kids club also has a bunch of stuff going on. There is Star Wars trivia in the pub. Special menu at supper but special just means regular food with Star Wars names and then the big show at 10pm followed by the fireworks.

As far as souvenirs each stateroom gets a Star Wars day at sea bed runner that you get to keep, it's neat. There are shirts and stuff for Star Wars day st sea but they are available all week long in the shops. The Jedi transformations is $100 and you can get Leai, Rey, Poe or Kylo Ren and you also get a custom name tag, sheet of magnets, lanyard and a bag to carry everything in.

All said it was the best day next to castaway cay. Anymore specific questions just ask away.

We didn't get a bed runner or any other kind of freebie last year when we did the SWDAS cruise, I'm not a SW fan so doesn't matter to me, but my dh is a fan, so he would have liked the freebie. We have another SWDAS cruise booked for Jan 2019, so it will be interesting to see what kind of freebie we'll get.

Do you have a picture of the bed runner? That’s neat, wasn’t expecting that! How big is it?
photo.php

rhkuYGUOOKSxpj8tv93xdNwPTgtUImzLongMFHlwP1hqgFNm2HZUxPe1NpEJVreoUGUQqPZSo0DT2aNbcFBrqHMOxi3i2JsxEYNCVaJU1THmOObaALRauHLCQ0pbTbKNaG8e0WjXioKi62ljKQpUHLuczz3mYmLIYIBsuvDR0Wi--H24oiH92qC-v0EYVO8-n2gwrN8aiFtZfb7SRFn6sMJ7DPZxivk-qQayWdZOXJ83wPscInfIb5F8fY7ElZt-bTjOhh32WH0oKOlhEYSPce3_XaUrwiWJOuOIAmwZdvpIR0uVDeJ_Wke1JyZ_TFf7OxO_8eyESgLmXrfMbfQpqioajLOB0_iU0b3_KTFO4Hp3kqqCDAj2zi9r8yrmH6TAXfxbqkeLbUC7lqIt2DY8HT2dV6uXFlOWXNsDzKLmi8-fv_5Z_51XBH_egW_ywYhxCqSTq_3PJC5qypS2S0YGPyCnA9ZzWPfnFfSv3Yz-C1ELJl7pLA_nQm_XvLgaxHh035XvAhn4UddpGdk49OoEJtz3sWsxbiNmNkBDbjFPOfs6Qr3IqldEqu7P80IsWn_nI6AxXFPOHL9lv-MngtnMTRZY2IzMb3Hz3JQrIc8=w818-h613-no

photo.php

I am having a heck of a time posting a pic i took of it. It's about 4 feet long by 1 foot tall.
EDIT! Got it to work, that's on a king size bed.
Hmmm, should I be bring things for the kids to trade? Any ideas?

That's the thing, they mostly trade in junk, so pens or stuff like that, think like bottom of the purse junk. I wouldn't bring anything to trade that was any good and sometimes when you present them with a trade they deny it!

Last edited:
V_XNVGedG1t43REv1756YvW_05MOiQDDaAZ7jHvI-b-PyqInvbXqo3OysYdabq8bf8IBjw8KCXU_mKDWkl4cW7JwXC9B9YhMpjKQVxNgP23qGhwryc_dtfzE4wJCcVKzB0Hg_IUzJwkT1FtjyKdJwRcu8BuNp4ftqRY30g0faBNDPfYfceUa5ZKM-0_ZXOb6XOSE0589IiWsOVjKsUMEYAfePkk5VgOBiQZDeBxJOM49VxeJgO90xecY6ozvVz6kozuerpkyMdzY8rA9ursXASDo-Xdsqjrvs7_JZ9sHLTmioXs2Y7PZSy54iAiXCJVhpbxcDeni0e6owCwZNOiCIzNE_TCc3V2gmFLp27u3BUP-T-9-dNFSOYa7tIzsK3OXyCKGx_3pAws5f-Qdls5-8HQupnhw0PGgEcTT8__-4DYLEs9sXxLkRZBNP6WInEGrynZ7Su4T4TFnIebXEnwfn7L15B5ShVhMPeUSZDpmqJKF_C55Anvk4h6fodacF0F8ECRPYLlE5Tp2yJjf8vZteWjQchPBTk8yZkyKTQ9iCh1sAmfVxhnsl7KT1jaQmxBSdIx8k-1hvOmjx0dclASYAPrMS5nviAUvjpzeqGg=w818-h613-no

Here is the exclusive SWDAS nametag you get with the BBB transformation and the pendant that is on the lanyard that you also get with the BBB transformation. My sons name is Odin so it was kind of a bummer that the translation is almost exactly the same with only the D being slightly different.

68jWkPZSXSPiP-rwGkssZO2P-O3GjfeAuoDBizTJjCwHRgK0Pqqg4hqufErVrxcbFysNTziIseCNFH_rMcwVay0szCFtECEVvUcufqoAjRwoE9uxT7m54ZI8LwE-MZS5HVNSRd78PmA74AcelUmh_1_uNuqVq6Q3tOOx8O-nfJnV-KhhaZ8DYcJNaUOhUWgd-5dbvre6-c8lxodnJIDMKF1IodCm1u-IrxBeAm5j8cGtEBiUp1mbF9VvS3n1XFN4WbHy6yj4GCxxgneUHgWjt0XsYebZV_BcxDCY8SfXod3W2VlTuBsvpYPfj3xfzJxeURGFWVKPoVZw95QqxGtzWi8pAJmDvinAj22gZZQDnDf5SfpNUw_zrH90D5xJd5CnjjTqdeByMLb8f9jJx5W0BkpZA2lVJ0DdxYZH23akIWRUwCm0sfb7pRhDZeQlM6kQwxeYLwQ7AbtPhaiaY-01xrHoGTn_Y-exwKUqPDIxF_L-qIihgAICl2UFiwwzfZkpeXobWAqRNwgc8HPqolFHRHZG-HfakiUsAHoBXUKA_FYqOLV_CJBhpMSwjEODcU-k41Y72ICWf1pTpwxT673kX8QgjMNMc2V4Ob-4OZU=w460-h613-no

Do they have any adult options for BBB and SWDAS?
Yes but they are more basic then the kids. It's $50 and you get a t-shirt and some make up done as well as the rest of the gift bag worth of stuff, but honestly I'd leave the spot open for a kid instead. There's only so many spots and I know there were a lot of kids who wanted to do it but lots of adults went.

photo.php

rhkuYGUOOKSxpj8tv93xdNwPTgtUImzLongMFHlwP1hqgFNm2HZUxPe1NpEJVreoUGUQqPZSo0DT2aNbcFBrqHMOxi3i2JsxEYNCVaJU1THmOObaALRauHLCQ0pbTbKNaG8e0WjXioKi62ljKQpUHLuczz3mYmLIYIBsuvDR0Wi--H24oiH92qC-v0EYVO8-n2gwrN8aiFtZfb7SRFn6sMJ7DPZxivk-qQayWdZOXJ83wPscInfIb5F8fY7ElZt-bTjOhh32WH0oKOlhEYSPce3_XaUrwiWJOuOIAmwZdvpIR0uVDeJ_Wke1JyZ_TFf7OxO_8eyESgLmXrfMbfQpqioajLOB0_iU0b3_KTFO4Hp3kqqCDAj2zi9r8yrmH6TAXfxbqkeLbUC7lqIt2DY8HT2dV6uXFlOWXNsDzKLmi8-fv_5Z_51XBH_egW_ywYhxCqSTq_3PJC5qypS2S0YGPyCnA9ZzWPfnFfSv3Yz-C1ELJl7pLA_nQm_XvLgaxHh035XvAhn4UddpGdk49OoEJtz3sWsxbiNmNkBDbjFPOfs6Qr3IqldEqu7P80IsWn_nI6AxXFPOHL9lv-MngtnMTRZY2IzMb3Hz3JQrIc8=w818-h613-no

photo.php

I am having a heck of a time posting a pic i took of it. It's about 4 feet long by 1 foot tall.
EDIT! Got it to work, that's on a king size bed.

That's the thing, they mostly trade in junk, so pens or stuff like that, think like bottom of the purse junk. I wouldn't bring anything to trade that was any good and sometimes when you present them with a trade they deny it!

Hmmm... I can’t seem to view the photos. :yoda: Thanks for trying though!!

I usually just copy and paste a photo from my files on my hard drive. It has to be small enough to post, mind you. I also use copy and paste for anything that's in my clipboard, as below:

Otherwise, I use the image icon above to insert something from the web:

(copied and pasted)
upload_2018-2-19_19-51-29.png

(copy image location, click on icon, as above and paste the URL)
36537480220_d8558980be_z_slide-db0d037b76480f3daa17028ac2ba852c5f9ce7f1-s900-c85.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter