Star Wars hotel seems to include Rise of the Resistance

SirBill

Mouseketeer
So here's an alternate way to reduce stress about getting a ROTR boarding pass for WDW - wait until the Star Wars hotel (Galactic Starcruiser) opens and book a cabin. According to the updated pre-registration page they have up now, it seems like staying at the hotel implies that it includes a ride on Smugglers Run *and* ROTR!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/

If the rumored prices are true, I would hope that when the cruiser reaches BSO, there aren’t any people from a planet doesn’t exist that wear weird clothing. Exclusive access should be part of the package- both because of the price and so that the immersion isn’t broken (as much).

Well geez, I would hope so.
Off topic but OMG!! Your avatar picture! Your daughter is graduating?! I have loved seeing the pictures of the costumes you've made for her over the years and to see her with a graduation cap/ears is crazy! I know I don't actually know you, but still. So crazy. I come in and out of being active on here, depending on where I am in my next trip planning, so this may be old new. But, congrats!!

Off topic but OMG!! Your avatar picture! Your daughter is graduating?! I have loved seeing the pictures of the costumes you've made for her over the years and to see her with a graduation cap/ears is crazy! I know I don't actually know you, but still. So crazy. I come in and out of being active on here, depending on where I am in my next trip planning, so this may be old new. But, congrats!!
Aww, thanks for asking. She graduated last spring and left for college in the fall. :sad: Our costume days are over, but thankfully our Disney days are not. It all went way too fast though.

Aww, thanks for asking. She graduated last spring and left for college in the fall. :sad: Our costume days are over, but thankfully our Disney days are not. It all went way too fast though.
Whaaaaaat??? She already left for college?! It happens so fast!! My daughter is my avatar from her first trip at age 4 and she’s 13 now. I’d better not blink. But, like you, I see many more Disney years ahead of us. I have fully indoctrinated her. She’s in for life. 😊

sorry for the side track. Carry on....

Whaaaaaat??? She already left for college?! It happens so fast!! My daughter is my avatar from her first trip at age 4 and she’s 13 now. I’d better not blink. But, like you, I see many more Disney years ahead of us. I have fully indoctrinated her. She’s in for life. 😊

sorry for the side track. Carry on....
You beat me to the advice. Don't blink! It sounds like you raised her right though.

The Disney days are even sweeter when they've been away at college.

If the rumored prices are true, I would hope that when the cruiser reaches BSO, there aren’t any people from a planet doesn’t exist that wear weird clothing. Exclusive access should be part of the package- both because of the price and so that the immersion isn’t broken (as much).

I'd be fine with a normal visit to Batuu as the earthlings are as much aliens as anyone. Besides. how else will you show off your custom spacewear from the Halcyon to everyone!

What I was thinking is you would get a kind of Fastpass+++ that would get you instantly on either ride... also coupons for all you can eat Ronto Wraps. Or maybe the ship has a custom Ronto Wrap bar!

For the price expected, I assume it's going to include an Early Morning magic type deal, where the park opens to "other planets" at 9am, but guests of the Halcyon get exclusive access from 7:30am-9am.
this is what I'm thinking as well.Exclusive access pre park opening to Batuu

It's MOST likely that the experience is going to include a "stop" in Batuu where guests will have exclusive time in SWGE (not the rest of HS). That means access to the rides in the land as well - and with 200-400 guests total during a single experience, no boarding pass will be needed. It's being pitched as a "fully immersive" experience, so I expect it will either be EMM or DAH time frame (I'm putting my money on DAH time frame, since there aren't currently any other DAH events in HS right now).

What is the expected price?

A lot more than one quarter portion, that's for sure. Gonna be collecting scrap for a while to pay for this thing.

On the plus side, the more expensive it is probably hints at it being very extremely awesome, like Savi's times a million. Or at least that Ronto Wrap bar I am hoping for, with extra fancy toppings.

It's MOST likely that the experience is going to include a "stop" in Batuu where guests will have exclusive time in SWGE (not the rest of HS). That means access to the rides in the land as well - and with 200-400 guests total during a single experience, no boarding pass will be needed. It's being pitched as a "fully immersive" experience, so I expect it will either be EMM or DAH time frame (I'm putting my money on DAH time frame, since there aren't currently any other DAH events in HS right now).

That's a really good point, I was thinking they would do different shifts from the hotel in small groups... but maybe it would make more sense that the ship clears out and all the guests just take over Batuu when the normal park guests are all gone.

The only thing leaning against that plan would be, Hollywood Studios is often open kind of late - I don't think hotel guests would mostly want to go either very late, or very early. And I don't think Disney would want to shut off Batuu to normal guests during opening hours on a regular basis (like every two days).

It'll be interesting to see if they provide something like exclusive EMH for those staying on the galactic starcruiser or maybe just bonus fast passes for Galaxy Edge rides? I've seen some speculation that the pricing would be similar to what you would see on a Disney Cruise Line (similar price per day / per person), which is reasonable considering it should be immersive and (perhaps) inclusive of dining plans, etc.

The World Showcase in Epcot doesn’t open for a few hours after the park opens. So there is precedent to have a land open later than the rest of the park. They could just close the gates and let the Halcyon folks wander Batu until noon for a few days a week.

Yes, regular folks would have less access to ROTR for those days. But from a Disney point of view, that might be incentive to take a Halcyon cruise...

The World Showcase in Epcot doesn’t open for a few hours after the park opens. So there is precedent to have a land open later than the rest of the park. They could just close the gates and let the Halcyon folks wander Batu until noon for a few days a week.

Yes, regular folks would have less access to ROTR for those days. But from a Disney point of view, that might be incentive to take a Halcyon cruise...
I don't see that happening, the demand is too great for the land to open with the park and that move, pr wise, would be awful. I see a sort of morning or evening EMH happening or just pre loaded fp for the SWGE experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!