Stay at Caribbean Beach Resort or Stay Offsite

jormom1030

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney from June 5-12. Because we are a family if 5 (3 kids-15 year old boy, girls 10,6) we have stayed offsite for our three visits because I can't justify spending $250+ a night when I can get a 3 bedroom condo for $100 a night. I just looked at the Disney site and found that we could get a room at CBR for under $200 a night and it wouldn't be that much more expensive than the condo/rental car/parking.
I know that CBR is undergoing renovation which is why it is so cheap. There are pros and cons to staying there. Pros-no rental car fees/parking fees, Magical Express, new magic bands, 60 day FP, we have never stayed onsite before
Cons-we would all be trapped in one room instead of three bedrooms/two baths, no eating offsite for cheaper, no trip to Walmart for cheap snacks, no place for my hubby to go when he wakes up in the middle of the night

What would you do?

Even though I get wanting to stay onsite, it sounds like a condo is a better fit for your family, honestly.

CBR is our favorite resort, but we are moving to a condo at WH this trip due to space. Our kids are 17 and 14, they will not share a bed and haven't for years (both boys), 2 bathrooms and a kitchen are huge benefits for us also. We love staying onsite, we have for all 10 of our previous trips, but it just doesn't work anymore for us.

Stay way from the construction pit that is CBR- the resort should not be open right now and it's totally awful in every possible way.

Have you considered any of the Disney Springs area hotels? One trip we stayed a night in the Doubletree when we decided to arrive early. They’re all suites. We had a 1 bedroom with 2 queens plus pull-out in living room. It has a kitchenette area too.
The Disney Springs area hotels have very good bus transportation, continual busses to the parks running every 30 min. And quite close to Disney Springs. The Doubletree was one of the further ones and took us 20 min.
You can Uber to a Publix or Walmart to get a few groceries. Mousesavers.com freq have discount codes.

We are going to Disney from June 5-12. Because we are a family if 5 (3 kids-15 year old boy, girls 10,6) we have stayed offsite for our three visits because I can't justify spending $250+ a night when I can get a 3 bedroom condo for $100 a night. I just looked at the Disney site and found that we could get a room at CBR for under $200 a night and it wouldn't be that much more expensive than the condo/rental car/parking.

I know that CBR is undergoing renovation which is why it is so cheap. There are pros and cons to staying there. Pros-no rental car fees/parking fees, Magical Express, new magic bands, 60 day FP, we have never stayed onsite before

Cons-we would all be trapped in one room instead of three bedrooms/two baths, no eating offsite for cheaper, no trip to Walmart for cheap snacks, no place for my hubby to go when he wakes up in the middle of the night

What would you do?

Sounds like some pretty big CONS for you and you didn't add the CONSTRUCTION.

Another thought, your two girls are the smaller ones ... aka will fit on the fold out bunk ... your DS is probably not going to fit ... not sure how that will impact your sleeping arrangements. And honestly, if it were my family .. (and I have 3 with 3 distinct needs); letting DS have space away from the sisters would be nice.

A three bedroom just gives you so much more, plus a washer/dryer so your packing isn't a problem. Packing a weeks worth (and summer that makes double at times) of clothes .... when I can pack less and just wash clothes every couple evenings, is worth a lot.

For years I stay onsite when there are 2 or 3 of us IF I get a good discount, if not our little group stays offsite ... and when we each get our own bed it is awesome.

When all 5 of us go, hands down we stay offsite in condo or suite. The space, the kitchen or the kitchenette and free breakfast, more bedding surfaces and in condo more bathrooms and laundry. Takes stress and cranky level to nil.

Have you considered any of the Disney Springs area hotels? One trip we stayed a night in the Doubletree when we decided to arrive early. They’re all suites. We had a 1 bedroom with 2 queens plus pull-out in living room. It has a kitchenette area too.
The Disney Springs area hotels have very good bus transportation, continual busses to the parks running every 30 min. And quite close to Disney Springs. The Doubletree was one of the further ones and took us 20 min.
You can Uber to a Publix or Walmart to get a few groceries. Mousesavers.com freq have discount codes.

This is a great option, we love it there ... but we drive so no airport issue.

I would recommend your first on site stay to be at a resort undergoing so much construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter