STAY AWAY FROM GREENBERG RENTAL

They are not any longer according to Disney.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/ click the READ MORE under RV rentals

However Greenberg has not quiet removed it from their website yet. Wonder how Disney feels about that?
https://www.greenbergrvflorida.com/camping-in-florida/fort-wilderness/

This is a thread from a few weeks ago about Greenberg.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-away-from-greenberg-rental.3654014/
I intend on sending Disney an email about them. A nicely worded one just to let them know.

I had heard so much good about them when I made my initial reservation last September so this was a great disappointment to me.

Thank you also for directing me to the other thread.

My latest email from them said that whoever was answering my email would have the owner write my refund check today and they would send me a text with a picture of the check.

Whole lotta bad input about Greenburg here recently.

Last night, I did receive a text message with a photo of a check written out to me in the proper amount and signed by the owner.

I will update if I get the refund.

Zebrastreyepz, I too was told my refund would be sent out BY THE 19th of Jan. Yesterday I had not received it so I again sent an email to them asking them to send out a check today... no email back, just the automated response that they did get my email and would answer it in the order it was received.. that was at around 10am... nothing until I got a text message and picture of a check to me at 7 pm... now we will see how long it will take him to mail it.. another two weeks ind a pic of an envelope with my address, then in two weeks another pic of that envelope with a stamp on it..... unbelievable. This all started 12/24 and it is now 1/26

Zebrastreyepz, I too was told my refund would be sent out BY THE 19th of Jan. Yesterday I had not received it so I again sent an email to them asking them to send out a check today... no email back, just the automated response that they did get my email and would answer it in the order it was received.. that was at around 10am... nothing until I got a text message and picture of a check to me at 7 pm... now we will see how long it will take him to mail it.. another two weeks ind a pic of an envelope with my address, then in two weeks another pic of that envelope with a stamp on it..... unbelievable. This all started 12/24 and it is now 1/26
Mine started December 3rd. :(

I am in limbo to have the BBB to get involved. I did make a complaint but at that point Greenbergs said they were going to refund my money so I did not want them to do anything. If I do not get it Monday or Tuesday , I will have the BBB get involved.
And I thought I was giving them a break ... but it sounds like everyone is cutting him slack that he does not deserve

I did receive my check today in an envelope that proclaims "We are Disney's Preferred Vendor."

Deposit it tomorrow!

I guess we used Greenberg at exactly the right time. When we reserved with them in Jan '17 for an June trip, they were not a preferred vendor. But between reserving and the trip, they became preferred. I called and asked what that meant for us. The only real change for us was, as a preferred vendor, Disney would communicate directly with Greenberg about site assignments, so we didn't have to let them know once we were notified of the site number. My only concern was we never had any communication from them after we arrived; nothing, not a text with a "we have your site and are delivering it", or "it's ready". I was getting somewhat concerned, since we had gone to MK and were heading back to The Fort after fireworks in the heavy rain, that there may not be a camper for us. But, it was there and setup perfectly and was a fantastic place to stay for the week.

We used that trip to determine if we were ready to upgrade our pop-up for a travel trailer. A month later we bought a new Keystone so we don't have to worry about renting again. But, based on these posts, I think I would not give them another chance.

-Dave & Lisa

What gets me about the whole thing was that is all he had to do was say that they were not preferred anymore but don’t worry we will have the RV there no problems! I would have stayed with him... I am not hard to please... I am not a difficult person to get along with...and if I can help someone not go thru what I had to go thru, I will...

A quick update....I contacted Greenberg to cancel on 1.8.18. They sent me back an email confirming my cancellation, and this week I sent an email asking about the status of my refund. Their answer was, verbatim "we have until the 8th to mail it back to you."
Ok, well. First it takes them 30 DAYS to INITIATE a refund? What kind of policy is that? And second, what completely awful customer service. I am now thanking my lucky stars that I cancelled, because they clearly have no interest in behaving in a professional manner at all.

I am sorry to say this... but that does not surprise me! Yeah, they suck! so who ever rents from them have been warned by several people on this board. Skili9111 - who did you decide to rent from? good luck and I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Our's starts in 34 more days! WOO HOO

I am sorry to say this... but that does not surprise me! Yeah, they suck! so who ever rents from them have been warned by several people on this board. Skili9111 - who did you decide to rent from? good luck and I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Our's starts in 34 more days! WOO HOO
it will be awhile before we rent again/even have a trip but as of now Greenberg is only one that allows pets

I am sorry Betty Rohrer... keep checking the other rental places, if you can avoid Greenbergs..... do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts