Staying at Disney world hotel with twin babies

Andypm

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Wonder if you guys could give us with some advice. We were looking to book our next Disney world holiday in the fall of 2019. There are usually 6 adults that go in our party and we have always stayed in a 2 bedroom villa in the Old Key West Resort. However this year a couple from party have had twin girls and of course they will be coming with us.

I just had a quick search for the available accommodation in the Disney resorts however I am being prompt with the message below:

“Sorry, your party includes more than 1 infant.

Unfortunately we're unable to book your holiday online. Please call our Disney Experts freephone on 0800 169 0730* for help with your enquiry.”

We are little confused by this, are couples with more than 1 infant in their party not allowed to stay in the Disney resorts? Or is there a way of booking multiple rooms that are connected together.

There isn’t much information on the Disney vacation faq page or the forums so we just wondered if anyone could give some advice what do other people with multiple infants do in this situation when planning a holiday at the Disney World?

Any help/advice would be amazing.

Thanks
Andrew

Am I correct in understanding that your party size will be a total of 8 people, including 6 adults and 2 infants? You should not have any trouble doing this in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Those fit 9 +1 infant. You absolutely can travel with more than one child under 3, just only one is allowed to not be counted for room occupancy. For instance, if you had 9 people + 2 infants, you could not stay there because the occupancy is 9 and you'd be one infant over. If you had 8 people + 2 infants, you could because one infant could be counted toward the regular occupancy+ the other infant as the plus one. Hopefully that makes sense.

Now, as you know, the 2 BR villas are equipped with a high chair and a playpen. With a second infant, you would ha e to request an additional one of each of you wanted 2, and I don't know if they can guarantee availability for the second.

If I was correct in reading your party numbers as 6+2 infants, then I'm not sure why you're having an issue booking online. I would call.

In regards to booking connecting rooms, these are never guaranteed, and you would have to call to put in the request. If they have the availability, they will try to give it to you, but it's not something you can guarantee with booking or know if they can for sure accommodate until you check in.

Hi!

Yes you are correct the part size would be 8 people in total (6 adults & 2 infants).

That’s what we thought, we weren’t going outside of the room capacity (which is 9 adults) so I’m not sure why we can book it online. According to a thread I just read it has something to do with it being a fire hazard violation?!? No idea if that is true.

Anyway I’m going to follow your advice and call them as they haven’t responded to my email. This has definitely been the most stressful Disney booking we have made.

Thank you very much for your reply, it was much appreciated
Andrew

Not sure if this is the same thing, but the fire hazard issue does ring a bell as I recall my husband and I were never allowed to sit in the same row on airplanes with our twin babies due to fire code. If they won't allow two babies in one room, seems like the best option would be to get single rooms with one baby in each and request connecting preferably, and adjoining if connecting is not an option.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but the fire hazard issue does ring a bell as I recall my husband and I were never allowed to sit in the same row on airplanes with our twin babies due to fire code. If they won't allow two babies in one room, seems like the best option would be to get single rooms with one baby in each and request connecting preferably, and adjoining if connecting is not an option.

That's definitely not it. We've been staying at Disney since our twins were one and never had a problem getting a room for the four of us, the first year we asked for one with two cribs for them. I think it's a website issue with the amount of people, I'd just call.

This is great, thanks for help guys.

I tried calling Disney on Monday trying to get an answer but the agent didn’t know and asked if she could call me back after she had spoken with her supervisor and got the correct information. That was Monday and I still haven’t heard anything...

If that happens, just hang up and call back. There is absolutely no issue with you staying in a room like you describe. You just need someone to book the reservation for you. Don't ask questions about the configuration or try to explain any of the online issues. Just tell them what you want to book and let them do it.

Everyone will fit. The problem comes from the fact that you can only have 1 *free* child on a reservation. When you try and book 2 the web site goes crazy. Call.

One of the twins will count towards occupancy. So you have seven guests plus one under the age of three. Try booking it that way.

I'd also recommend the couple with the twins book their own studio. Otherwise, to get two pack n plays in one bedroom, you're going to have to give them the master bedroom. And that might not even work for some of the two bedroom villas. Plus, will the other two couples be happy sharing a room with two babies and two adults? Or do the two couples plan on sharing the second bedroom.

I think your question has been answered, yes you are fine with occupancy and it's booking via the website that throws this off.

As far as sleeping arrangements, I am not sure what you plan to do but from experience many times it's very easy to get two full size cribs or two pack n plays in the dvc villas. We have done it many times. You can easily get two pack n plays in any dvc master or dvc studio. Two full size cribs in any dvc living area, and with old key west it would be super easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!