Staying at Newport Bay - Meal Plan Qs

jf256

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We have decided to staying at new port bay. Couldnt upgrade the summer offer like we could the winter one.

So we have:
2 adults
3 nights.
Half Board Plus.

Was thinking:

Dinner Yacht Club first night.
Remys 2nd Night.
?? DINNER TBC 3rd night
Captain Jacks (last day off plan)

Questions:

Can you still do alacarte on plus and use face value and pay for any extras?

Can you upgrade set menu to premium at remys?

I have an allergy so some of the menus desserts will be pointless.. can i change it too something else?

I understand it is all subject to change. Just if anyone has any experience will be great.

I have picked restaurants which should be able to easily accomodate an egg allery. Not interested in the namaste menu.. it is a great idea for kids with multiple allergies but i would be very annoyed paying 40 euros for a microwave meal.. when steak and chips can be accomodated.

I am not an expert on the meal plans, but as I always understood it you can use the face value towards any restaurant.
Also not an expert, but DLP has more options now for people with allergies, all restaurants should have an allergy menu available. I don't think these are available on the website. And if there is something on the menu that you can (and want to) eat, I would always go for that then for something custom-made allergy-proof, because it usually saves time.

I've never heard in the namaste menu, what is it?

I'm unsure about allergies, but as a vegan I've found getting meals altered really depends on your server - for example asking for no dairy may get the cheese removed, but it'll be swimming in butter. We don't bother with dining plans because of this hassle. There are more options now though.

Do you have a card you can show on your phone with your allergy in English and French? There's a thing called a vegan passport that I use in the event of a communication breakdown, and an allergy version could be a good idea.

Just wanted to report from my visit this weekend, I noticed an allergy sign at several small food points. Like popcorn carts and Cafe de la brousse. It said something like 'if you have allergies please ask the CM for the options'. So if the small food points have this, then the bigger restaurants will have it as well and probably more options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter