FE with Concierge suite

srauchbauer

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if you are staying in a suite with Concierge service can you still participate in the FE? Would love a suite but kids and myself really enjoy FE's.

I am wondering if you are staying in a suite with Concierge service can you still participate in the FE? Would love a suite but kids and myself really enjoy FE's.

The Dream is the only ship with the Concierge gates. I'm sure there is a work-around for it though. Are you going on the Dream?

We're staying on the conciege level on our upcoming Dream cruise and are part of a FE group. Has anyone in the past had issues with FE gifts being delivered to the conciege level?:confused3

Thanks for any updates anyone may have.........

We're staying on the conciege level on our upcoming Dream cruise and are part of a FE group. Has anyone in the past had issues with FE gifts being delivered to the conciege level?:confused3

When we did the Fe exchange, one member of our group was on the concierge level. We went up there twice in the hope that the door would be either open or somebody would come and open the door for us.
That didn't work out so we went to guest services and there it got a bit complicated as they wanted us to tell the names of the participants (we only knew three first names of the four people) and write a note for them. They just didn't seem to know the whole concept of FE.
In the end they delivered it (or at least they told us so) but also said they wouldn't normally do it.
I don't know if we had bad luck or if it's usually that complicated.

The other people on your FE can try the following:

1 - Check to see if the gates are open.
2 - Drop the stuff off with GS.
3 - Drop the stuff off with a Concierge CM if they can find one.
4 - Those gates are about as secure as a sieve. We did a cruise with a family that was in Concierge. It took me less than 30 seconds to defeat the gate and we delivered the FE directly to their room. I would say this should be a last resort as I don't know what, if any, action DCL might take if they caught you.

I for one like the gates. There is nothing more obnoxious than something hanging by a door, on a door or the people blocking the hallways trying to hang it. I guess I much like Guest Services just don’t get the whole FE thing.

I for one like the gates. There is nothing more obnoxious than something hanging by a door, on a door or the people blocking the hallways trying to hang it. I guess I much like Guest Services just don’t get the whole FE thing.

Ok this has nothing to do with the question asked, so I'm sorry to go offtopic even further as I don't want to be rude.

Have you really ever had problems with a person putting something into a FE and blocking the entire width of the hallway :confused:.
I usually find enough room to pass other people except for airplane aisles, so I didn't even think of this being a potential problem.

Why do like that some guest services agents don't know about FE, what's the advantage for you?

OK, I'm laughing at myself because I can't figure it out.....what is an FE?

FE = Fish Extender There is a fish next to your door where DCL will put announcements and many people hang something with pockets so that other people who are participating in the FE exchange can put little gifts. My DH and I loved it. We would return to our room and say we have tree mail (we are Survivor fans, too). It is a great way to get to know others who are cruising with you. You should go to the cruise meet for your date and look to see if anyone has started an FE list. Do participate it fun for all ages.

I've been on two Dream cruises with FE participants who were staying in concierge and both times the gates were left open the whole cruise so we had no problem delivering gifts.

I personally believe that the concierge gates and special sun deck were installed for when a high profile celebrity is onboard, solely for their safety and privacy.

If the gates happen to be locked, the easiest option for getting FE gifts to concierge participants is by just calling them since you have their stateroom number. Then you can set up a convenient time/place to deliver their gifts. :thumbsup2

Deb T You are brilliant we will be cruising in a few weeks and a couple people are in the conciege level thanks for the answer.

...They just didn't seem to know the whole concept of FE....
FE is a DIS "thing." DIS members are a very small percentage of the number of people on a DCL cruise ship and any given time. I would be VERY surprised in a member of the ships staff had any idea what FE is.

...There is nothing more obnoxious than something hanging by a door, on a door or the people blocking the hallways trying to hang it....
Why is a wall hanger hanging next to someone's door obnoxious? And if someone is blocking a hallway hanging a FE, they are making it WAY more complicated than it is. DH and I hung our FE (he's the height in our pair) and the two of us did not block the hall. I find it really difficult to see that someone would casue a blockade by hanging a FE. Can you explain how they managed to do so? Curious. Thanks!

- Dreams

Why is a wall hanger hanging next to someone's door obnoxious? And if someone is blocking a hallway hanging a FE, they are making it WAY more complicated than it is. DH and I hung our FE (he's the height in our pair) and the two of us did not block the hall. I find it really difficult to see that someone would casue a blockade by hanging a FE. Can you explain how they managed to do so? Curious. Thanks!

- Dreams
Right? It takes all for 5 seconds to put up while you stand in your own doorway.
I guess some people like to spoil the fun of others.

I don't know if I should go :rotfl2: or :scared1: or maybe :confused3

FE is a DIS "thing." DIS members are a very small percentage of the number of people on a DCL cruise ship and any given time. I would be VERY surprised in a member of the ships staff had any idea what FE is.

- Dreams

To elaborate on my point the times I have seen people do it or heard it in the hallway it has always been a large group of people (5 or 6) moving together. They stand there for 5 + minutes hanging whatever and then rearranging etc making jokes and being loud. Also when coming out of the concierge hallway going through the gate to the elevator bank I have run into people waiting for the gates to open so they can go hang whatever. I know they are FE people because I can see the stuff in their hands and they usually say something along the lines of “oh go over to that side here comes somebody”. I always make sure the gates are closed behind me. I see them as an extra perk for concierge guest to keep the hallway quite and the area just a little bit more special. In summary my perception of the whole FE thing is it’s a traveling circus going from stateroom to stateroom hallway-to-hallway hanging stuff on doors with no consideration for others not participating. Please don’t take any of this personally if you participate in the FE thing, but this has been my experience with it. I guess if you participate just be considerate of others as most of you on here have demonstrated you are.

it has always been a large group of people (5 or 6) moving together. They stand there for 5 + minutes hanging whatever and then rearranging etc making jokes and being loud. My perception of the whole FE thing is it’s a traveling circus going from stateroom to stateroom hallway-to-hallway hanging stuff on doors with no consideration for others not participating. Please don’t take any of this personally if you participate in the FE thing. I guess if you participate just be considerate of others as most of you on here have demonstrated you are.

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

I'm utterly confused over your conflicting statements. And because the FE thing is a disboard tradition, yes I do take it personal. When I hang my gifts I go as a solitary person and I am quiet so as not to disturb the cabin occupants, so maybe that's why you only hear the 'loud large group'.

To elaborate on my point the times I have seen people do it or heard it in the hallway it has always been a large group of people (5 or 6) moving together. They stand there for 5 + minutes hanging whatever and then rearranging etc making jokes and being loud. Also when coming out of the concierge hallway going through the gate to the elevator bank I have run into people waiting for the gates to open so they can go hang whatever. I know they are FE people because I can see the stuff in their hands and they usually say something along the lines of “oh go over to that side here comes somebody”. I always make sure the gates are closed behind me. I see them as an extra perk for concierge guest to keep the hallway quite and the area just a little bit more special. In summary my perception of the whole FE thing is it’s a traveling circus going from stateroom to stateroom hallway-to-hallway hanging stuff on doors with no consideration for others not participating. Please don’t take any of this personally if you participate in the FE thing, but this has been my experience with it. I guess if you participate just be considerate of others as most of you on here have demonstrated you are.

unrelated to the whole FE controversy - i like the idea of the gates too.

i like the concept of a separate concierge area that you need a key to get to (similar to hotel concierge floors that require an elevator key to access them).
I pay a premium for the extra services and the promised quiet.
One of my issues with the royal suite being used as a hospitality suite is the problem of hordes of non-concierge guests going in and out of the concierge area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter