Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

For people who have done it yourselves, since Covid19, do you see your kids names on the membership when you sign in? Do you see anything when you sign in to indicate that you are not the sole owner?
(And did it take less than 3 months?)

For people who have done it yourselves, since Covid19, do you see your kids names on the membership when you sign in? Do you see anything when you sign in to indicate that you are not the sole owner?

I do not see there names when I log in. They have there own log ins.

I never saw my husband either.

I do not see there names when I log in. They have there own log ins.

I never saw my husband either.
Thank you for the quick reply. I would like to know how long it is for people who are doing it since June or July (Covid slowdown) and not title company (I think DVC moves faster or pays more attention to those).

I have not added my kids yet as they are not adults. But if you log in, go to My Profile, then to “Membership Information” it gives a list of all contracts and the owners under “Members.” My husband is listed as co-purchaser.

I have not added my kids yet as they are not adults. But if you log in, go to My Profile, then to “Membership Information” it gives a list of all contracts and the owners under “Members.” My husband is listed as co-purchaser.
Thank you so much! My daughter is listed as co-purchaser, so now I know for sure DVC did add her. I wonder if I will ever get the original deeds back? I also wonder if anyone will ever be able to talk to Member Administration again. I am guessing my daughter will need to call MS and get online to order her blue card. Does that sound right?

I used an agency....however I started the process at the end of June....my deeds were recorded on the Orange County site on 9/17....still no word from Disney and their names are not on the DVC website. We don't have any trips planned until March (fingers crossed) so I'll just be patient....

Thank you so much! My daughter is listed as co-purchaser, so now I know for sure DVC did add her. I wonder if I will ever get the original deeds back? I also wonder if anyone will ever be able to talk to Member Administration again. I am guessing my daughter will need to call MS and get online to order her blue card. Does that sound right?
She should call, since she needs to get access to the DVC site to order her blue card, too. She should get some kind of email with access code form MA, I would imagine, but I don't know how it works once someone is added on as I haven't done that process yet.

If she is now listed then she should call MS to get her log in information. That is why my kids did..though got an email and once they had it, they all ordered the blue card that way.

That's really useful info, thank you for posting it.
We're still in the process of adding another person to our contract and that gives us another way to check progress. :)

Are you talking about the DVC member number? I can't speak from recent experience but years ago the master contract # did assuming the seller were transferring their entire membership and the buyer either was not a member or at least this would not be added to any existing membership. But I'm not sure it matters since the contract # is not the determining factor on membership perks. On the transfer paperwork it says a new # will be assigned so it may be this has changed since we bought resale years ago.
If it's truly a gift it should retain the perks but remember it's illegal in FL and all states I'm aware of to have a side deal trying to get the perks to continue.

Possibly a weird question; but could someone please tell me if the Deed number remains the same after a gratuitous transfer.

Hi Dean, Thank you for your reply to my original post, I was querying the actual Deed number.
We were simply adding a family member and can confirm that it was indeed a gratuitous transfer with no money or perks involved - we originally bought resale so not entitled to blue card.

Our transfer has been recorded and I can verify that the deed does now have a new number.
Thanks for your input into this thread, it's been very useful :)

Hi Dean, Thank you for your reply to my original post, I was querying the actual Deed number.
We were simply adding a family member and can confirm that it was indeed a gratuitous transfer with no money or perks involved - we originally bought resale so not entitled to blue card.

Our transfer has been recorded and I can verify that the deed does now have a new number.
Thanks for your input into this thread, it's been very useful :)
Glad it worked out. All recordings will get a new number but the member # should stay the same with some exceptions.

I've just passed ROFR on a SS contract and I've put the kids on it now they are old enough. Will this generate a new membership for the four of us as the kids weren't old enough to be added when DW and I first bought at BWV and BLT.

Also should I decide to add DD's to BLT or BWV or both using gratuitous transfer for blue card benefits and right of survivorship can this be done while there are outstanding reservations using the points on the contract(s) ?

TIA for any answers :)

It will create a new master contract. Even changing the existing ones adding them likely won’t get them all back under 1. You can add them and get blue card benefits with existing reservations as long as at least one owner stays on the deed.

It will create a new master contract. Even changing the existing ones adding them likely won’t get them all back under 1. You can add them and get blue card benefits with existing reservations as long as at least one owner stays on the deed.

Thanks, I was worried reservations would be wiped at some point in the process but both DW and I would stay on so sounds good.

Well, after several months of waiting, we finally got the New Member packet to add our kids to the membership. Got all the paperwork filled out and put it and a copy of our new deed in the envelope, now it's off to the post office!

Well, after several months of waiting, we finally got the New Member packet to add our kids to the membership. Got all the paperwork filled out and put it and a copy of our new deed in the envelope, now it's off to the post office!
Congratulations! What is in the New Member packet? We were never sent one when I added my daughter.

Congratulations! What is in the New Member packet? We were never sent one when I added my daughter.
It was mainly a form that had to be filled out with all of our names,, addresses and phone numbers and email addresses). All four of us had to sign it too. There were also some instructions on what we needed to return to Disney, and where to send it. There is a fax number, but we are going to the post office and send it back by registered mail, so we'll know when it was received.

It was mainly a form that had to be filled out with all of our names,, addresses and phone numbers and email addresses). All four of us had to sign it too. There were also some instructions on what we needed to return to Disney, and where to send it. There is a fax number, but we are going to the post office and send it back by registered mail, so we'll know when it was received.
Oh, the New Owner Information Sheet. When you said packet, I expected a lot more than that. Thanks for the reply.

Thank you all for the helpful information on changing our deeds !! I successfully changed 5 deeds to add our sons as owners. Total cost for the 5 deeds was $101. This saved us a ton of money. Sent the new deeds pdf to Disney this morning and now we wait for the new member packet so they can get their blue cards. We also had a deed at Hilton Head that had to be done by attorney as you cannot do yourself in SC. That one cost us $410 ouch. We used Burr & Forman LLP in SC if anyone is needing to change their deed at Hilton Head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter