Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

Here's my timeline....
I mailed to the PO box using 1st class mail, not overnight to the street address.
Put letter in mailbox 2/20/19 with self addressed stamped envelope for return I also sent an email to dvc with the completed form
on 2/26 - around noon I saw the transfer show up on the website - about 2 hours later the scanned image showed up (I later found out it was a done deal at that point) website still showed "in process, changes can occur" and only 1 name in transferer and transferee
on 2/27 I got a letter from DVC with the new member info and needing everyone's signature
on 3/2 - my check cleared
on 3/4 - All the names appeared on the website in the morning, but still "in process". I called and spoke to the OCC - they said it was a done deal, it just does not show as complete until the deed is in the mail. By end of day, it showed as complete on the website
on 3/4 in the evening I emailed dvc a scan of the deed and the signed forms
on 3/5 I called dvc on they said they had the forms and marked it as rush
on 3/6 - new member number showed in my account - no points
on 3/7 - current point status showed in my account
on 3/8 - new members got an email with activation code - they logged in and have an image of the member card. I also received the paper copy of the deed on 3/8. So 12 business days!!
Are you saying you mailed the completed deed to OCC the same day you emailed DVC ROFR request? Do we not need to wait for the packet from DVC before sending the deed?

Are you saying you mailed the completed deed to OCC the same day you emailed DVC ROFR request? Do we not need to wait for the packet from DVC before sending the deed?
Not anymore. A while before I did mine there were posts that the OCC no longer required info from Disney first. I think that is limited to no sale transfers. You just need the forms from Disney before you can submit the new deed and completed forms back to them.

Not anymore. A while before I did mine there were posts that the OCC no longer required info from Disney first. I think that is limited to no sale transfers. You just need the forms from Disney before you can submit the new deed and completed forms back to them.
Thank you, DaveNan. What were the forms Disney sent?

Well I sent my Request to Change Title to DVC Aministration on 6/22/2020 via email. I emailed from within my DVC account on 6/23/2020 to ask if they needed it through snail mail. They replied via email on 6/24/2020, saying they had received the form. I have not heard from them since. Getting concerned, since others state they hear back in 2-7 days! So I tried calling the last 2 days, but the recording says phone lines for Member Administration are closed. I also tried emailing yesterday and again today, with no response. I went ahead and got the deeds done, notarized, and mailed today. I know DVC is overwhelmed with CoVid crisis and response.
Has anyone been able to speak to DVC Administration about anything? I keep telling myself to not worry, the ROFR is a given. However I do need the paperwork to send in the deeds and such after they are registered.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Update but first advice, do not start this when there is a pandemic and quarantine occurring.
Hilton Head deed was a pain in the .... SC requires an attorney to complete transfers, that took time and also a little bit of $$ add on top that my mother was still on deed and passed away over 10 years ago (I knew I should have gotten more involved with my dad and legal at that time). SC first said a photocopy of death cert was fine, then requested original...more time added. By end of May the SC deed was complete. Had to wait for death cert return to start on Florida deeds, everything finally in and just awaiting confirmation from disney.
This thread was super helpful and made everything understandable, thank you :)

Well I sent my Request to Change Title to DVC Aministration on 6/22/2020 via email. I emailed from within my DVC account on 6/23/2020 to ask if they needed it through snail mail. They replied via email on 6/24/2020, saying they had received the form. I have not heard from them since. Getting concerned, since others state they hear back in 2-7 days! So I tried calling the last 2 days, but the recording says phone lines for Member Administration are closed. I also tried emailing yesterday and again today, with no response. I went ahead and got the deeds done, notarized, and mailed today. I know DVC is overwhelmed with CoVid crisis and response.
Has anyone been able to speak to DVC Administration about anything? I keep telling myself to not worry, the ROFR is a given. However I do need the paperwork to send in the deeds and such after they are registered.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Just wondering how you're getting on as we began a gratuitous transfer a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully you're all done and dusted now :)

Just wondering how you're getting on as we began a gratuitous transfer a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully you're all done and dusted now :)
Thanks for checking in on me. Well I never did get to talk to Member Administration, which is OK. July 19 they finally sent the New Owner Information Sheet. I got the deeds back from occompt on August 10, (I had sent to them before, while waiting for the New Owner Information Sheet from DVC), I sent it all snail mail to DVC August 11. So not in a hurry, but I would like to get it done. Mine is much slower than other timelines, I don't know why. But CoVid and postal being slower and Member Administration being so backed up . . . . it will complete eventually, I hope.

Good Luck - Hope yours is finalised soon :)
We're from the UK so decided not to do it ourselves - using the same title company we used when we bought our contract (resale).
Will report back on our timeline when ours is completed.

I used a transfer company - I’ve been in contact with them - I don’t know what the hold up is - plan on contacting them again next week. I have a feeling they were slow on sending stuff to DVC

I used a transfer company - I’ve been in contact with them - I don’t know what the hold up is - plan on contacting them again next week. I have a feeling they were slow on sending stuff to DVC
I noticed today that the comptroller site shows proofed paperwork up to/ through the 14th August, maybe they are only working certain days?
I haven't been able to bring up our deed for a few days, hoping this means ours is in the tray waiting to be processed.
I'm going to call our title company tomorrow to ask if they have an update for us.
I'm thinking it might help if I knew exactly what to put into the search lol

Ok finally got my paperwork...now does anyone have tips on how to get 4 notary stamps (from 3 different states) on that paperwork???

Ok finally got my paperwork...now does anyone have tips on how to get 4 notary stamps (from 3 different states) on that paperwork???

I am a notary in NY, and I can say that I have notarized for people on documents in which out of state relatives signed and had it notarized in different states.

I know when I bought RIV direct from DVC and my adult children had to sign...they all live elsewhere...we all signed our own copies and sent them in that way.

So, you should be able to have copies done that way and send them all in. But, I would check with the notary in your own state to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter