Still doing Refillable drinks and popcorn buckets?

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
Hello, I was wondering if Universal is still offering the refillable drinks and popcorn buckets during COVID or has it been discontinued for now???

Anyone who has been recently recall seeing if the refillable drinks / popcorn are still available? Thanks.

They are both still going on at the parks.

At the resorts, however, drinks are not refillable unless something has changed since last time we went.

We went two weeks ago and took our old Coke Freestyle cups that we got at HHN 2018. We had a few issues getting the cups reactivated (2 TMs told us it was that specific style of cup), but we eventually got them both working.

There were some stations where they had 2 side-by-side machines open with a plexi barrier between. Others had one of the machines closed, and at least one (right in front of MIB) had both stations closed for some reason. I think the only time we had to wait for more than 1 or 2 people in front of us was that Coke building to the right of MIB. If I remember right, they had 2 of 4 machines operational. The one time we went in there, there were probably 4 or 5 people in front of us then one of the machines went down.

I wish they had a better way to handle the ice... push the cup in and you get 2 cubes... push it in again and you get 200. Most machines have piles of ice in them that you have to beat out of the way just to get your cup in the holder/reader. Adding insult to injury, we found several that had the ice pile in the cup area, but were out of ice to dispense. Those were usually the machines closest to the park exit and at the end of the day - everyone wants that last free refill before heading out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!