Still haven't received my vacation package or luggage tags!

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
I know I am not going to receive the magic bands here near Ottawa, but in the past I always received a package of some sort and luggage tags.

We leave the 30th. 21 days away.

Magical Express packages have arrived for everyone!

When did you receive your travel package?

Disney no longer mails that package out to international guests. All of those things will be waiting for you at the front desk when you check in but on the off chance they forget, just remind them that you don't have it yet. You will still get it, just not as an exciting pre-trip package.

Have a balst!

Disney no longer mails that package out to international guests. All of those things will be waiting for you at the front desk when you check in but on the off chance they forget, just remind them that you don't have it yet. You will still get it, just not as an exciting pre-trip package.

Have a balst!
Well that sucks. Luggage tags arent good after our flight lol boooo

That's not true. I just got the tags for 2017 Christmas trips. They are mailed directly from Mississauga via Canada Post. They used to be couriered from Orlando by UPS, but they have a Canadian fulfillment centre to take care of them now. So you should give them another call.

Attachments

• IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 32

Well that sucks. Luggage tags arent good after our flight lol boooo
You no longer get the luggage tags. When you check in you can ask for your package however it is only the coupons that give you a few discounts and two for one deals. There never seemed to be a coupon that was good for our family so that's a waste.
I was bummed about the luggage tags as well. They always made the start of my trip happier.

That's not true. I just got the tags for 2017 Christmas trips. They are mailed directly from Mississauga via Canada Post. They used to be couriered from Orlando by UPS, but they have a Canadian fulfillment centre to take care of them now. So you should give them another call.
What you have is the Magical Express tags, which the op has said they have received. The luggage tags that the op is talking about are the ones they used to send free, actual luggage tags that you could put on your luggage and leave on for any trip. You could put your name and address on them and they had no bar code.

You no longer get the luggage tags. When you check in you can ask for your package however it is only the coupons that give you a few discounts and two for one deals. There never seemed to be a coupon that was good for our family so that's a waste.
I was bummed about the luggage tags as well. They always made the start of my trip happier.
agreed! we have been so excited for them, esp with how cute they are this time. darn. I will ask at check in if we can have them. My last ones are a red dotted background with mickey . Time for a refresh!!! :)

When did they stop giving out the cute luggage tags? We got ours with our magic bands at check in on our last trip in nov 2015. That’s sad if they’ve stopped the luggage tags.

When did they stop giving out the cute luggage tags? We got ours with our magic bands at check in on our last trip in nov 2015. That’s sad if they’ve stopped the luggage tags.
Can't give you an exact date but can tell you that we went three times last year and they had stopped. I asked about them the first time at the desk and they didn't know anything about them. We were there again in October and another stay last month and did not get them either so I think its safe to say its over. :(

Can't give you an exact date but can tell you that we went three times last year and they had stopped. I asked about them the first time at the desk and they didn't know anything about them. We were there again in October and another stay last month and did not get them either so I think its safe to say its over. :(
That’s a shame. We were looking forward to new luggage tags.

We were there last August and got them. You have to have booked a package (room + tickets). And if the CM at front desk doesn't tell you - they are hard to find. The are inside the grey sleeve that your magic bands come on (they don't come in a box anymore just on a cardboard sleeve). If we weren't told we would have thrown out the cardboard as soon as we got to our room.

We were there last August and got them. You have to have booked a package (room + tickets). And if the CM at front desk doesn't tell you - they are hard to find. The are inside the grey sleeve that your magic bands come on (they don't come in a box anymore just on a cardboard sleeve). If we weren't told we would have thrown out the cardboard as soon as we got to our room.
I totally forgot that you need to book a package so we won't get them anyway. I booked a discounted RO reservation and then CDN resident tickets separately. We had a package last time and the CM reminded us to check for them in our box.

So how far ahead of the vacation date do you receive your passes to board the Magic Express and aren't there special coloured tags for the luggage noting which resort it will be delivered to?

So how far ahead of the vacation date do you receive your passes to board the Magic Express and aren't there special coloured tags for the luggage noting which resort it will be delivered to?
Should get the Magical Express items about 30 days before your arrival date. You will get special tags for your luggage which have your resort name and dates on them as well as a bar code. You put these on at the departing airport and then you don't need to bother with your luggage when you arrive.

ETA--you don't get passes for the Magical Express as such, its a letter which will have a bar code on it as well as a map of the airport. Make sure you take the letter with you, they will scan it at your bus check in. There was a family who did not bring their letter that I saw on my trip last November. They were moved aside while the rest of the line moved on. You will get on the bus however it takes a bit longer, they need to verify your reservation.

Should get the Magical Express items about 30 days before your arrival date. You will get special tags for your luggage which have your resort name and dates on them as well as a bar code. You put these on at the departing airport and then you don't need to bother with your luggage when you arrive.

ETA--you don't get passes for the Magical Express as such, its a letter which will have a bar code on it as well as a map of the airport. Make sure you take the letter with you, they will scan it at your bus check in. There was a family who did not bring their letter that I saw on my trip last November. They were moved aside while the rest of the line moved on. You will get on the bus however it takes a bit longer, they need to verify your reservation.
Thanks tinkerone, I know it's still early but seeing it's our daughter who's flying in and we're driving, I don't know what she has or hasn't received and perhaps lost lol).

Thanks tinkerone, I know it's still early but seeing it's our daughter who's flying in and we're driving, I don't know what she has or hasn't received and perhaps lost lol).
If she finds she has lost, doesn't receive by two weeks before travel, or just needs more luggage tags then they print, she can just call Magical Express and they will send more. One time we had not received ours the week before our flight and they sent us new ones by courier and we had them within two days. The service is exceptional!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter