Still no FP for FoP late April - a surprise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeraCuse

Owner at OKW, fan of the Skyliner
If the parks are open, our Animal Kingdom day is April 27th. We've been watching the FastPasses daily to see if an FoP opens up. Hasn't yet.

Any thoughts on what that means? Is there still enough of an anticipated demand that the ride is believed to be full? Is it Disney holding their cards to their chest, not revealing if they think they'll legitimately be open or closed?

Disclaimer, before anyone asks how can I be thinking about this when there's a crisis going on? This is how I escape from being cooped up. It isn't making light of the situation or trying to benefit from someone else's cancelled vacation. Nothing more than an escape and conversation.

It is one of the toughest FP's to get, so they may just not be available. Or Disney may not be updating the system at this time because they may not be open in April. I re-scheduled our trip today, moving my resort reservation and tix from the 1st week of May to the last week of August, but all my May FP's still are shown on MDE. We had 2 separate days of 4 FP's for FoP, they should pop up when the system finally cancels them.

And unlike some of our fellow Disboard members I wouldn't judge. These forums are all about enjoying Disney and getting the most bang for your buck, not about arguing about how a very serious medical crisis is being handled by the government & the general population.

MDE might not be updating because my cancelled room is still active. I made the same comment to my husband that I am surprised some dining reservations hadn’t opened up. Like you just curious as to what it all meant, but now that my trip is cancelled and my plans are still loaded, I’m thinking it’s just a system thing.

Considering the latest is "closed until further notice" I would say that that is a pretty good indication that things will not be "business as usual" anytime in April. I would put May in the questionable category as well. As long as this virus is as rampant as it seems to be and considering the fact that new "hot spots" are still becoming evident every day it makes me think we will be well into summer before we see any real relief. I try to be optimistic but frankly fast passes are the least of our worries at this point.

When we rescheduled our April trip our FP were still showing. They said they would fall off but I went in and cancelled them along with the dining I had.

It appears WDW is planning to potentially be closed until June 1st (“indefinitely”). They aren’t allowing ticket sales, room reservations or ADRs to be booked before then, so I suspect they have also blocked out FPs as well. I believe current reservations will auto-cancel on check-in day if not rescheduled before then.

I hope you get to enjoy your vacation at a later date!

Not sure where you live but there is no way that they will be open in April or May. Florida allowed spring break and just closed their beaches so they are due for a massive spike coming here in the near future. So I would plan for much later.

I’m hope June 1st. We should know if that’s possible in a couple of weeks. Dining can not be booked until June 1.

I had no expectation WDW would be open in April for our trip, though wasn't planning on rescheduling until there was something more definitive. The free dining plan opportunity sounds like the time to do it. Let's hope the world is somewhat getting back to normal by June 1. Two more months of this and we'll all be a bit like the Mad Hatter!

We just cancelled our late April trip.
Put me in the category where I don't see WDW being open by then. And if they are, with the current situation, I don't think I want to be there.
If you want to keep looking, watch MDE. Before we cancelled, I had gotten FPs for FoP and MMRR at prime times.
As people cancel, the FPs will come up, unless they have shut off those days, expcecting to be closed and just haven't announced it.

For folks who are in the same boat and following, I'll update the thread with our experience. I got on the phone with WDW around 9:30 am ET. The hold announcement said they anticipated hold times of over 2 hours. A cast member answered the call approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes in. Not bad at all. Pat, the cast member who assisted, moved the reservation to June 2nd. Optimistic? Maybe, but that was really the latest we could reschedule without starting to consider cancelling all together.

Normally we do not do the DDP due to a combination of small appetites and having to pay cash for drinks. The numbers don't work for us personally. This time around paying rack rate and the free dining did make it worth it estimating a $200.00 savings in out of pocket cost over a 5 day trip.

Now we'll sit back and see how the whole thing plays out! Stay safe out there!

Hopefully the parks will be open in June, but they are now predicting Central Florida to just be reaching the peak of the curve the 2nd week of May. Even though we are on safer at home till April 30, it seems a lot of Floridians can't find them because according to my son an essential worker the traffic is worse than before and the grocery stores are busier than ever. CMs have been furloughed until further notice. Still employed but without pay. About 1/3 of the park/water park CMs are CPs and they are in their own countries and states so a lot will depend on their being able to get new ones into the state in June or July . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!