"Story Time" Townhome at Windsor Hills ???

mepperson

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed in this particular townhome and have experience with the owners? We are considering renting from them in May, but in their new townhome that is not finished yet. :scared: It will be called "Story Time II" and the owner has said it will be ready by mid-March and will look similar to the first one. Just wondering your experience with this property - it is a lot to pay up front, since it is not quite ready yet. Any experience here?

Please send me a private message if you think it would be more appropriate.

P.S. I've tried to search the boards for this property for the last 3 days and keep getting *server failure* type messages, so I apologize if there is already a thread on this - I can't find it! :furious:

Thanks in advance ~Mary

I have seen the story time townhouse website. The house looks beautiful! Never stayed there though.

Hi there. I, too, have been eyeing Story Time for 2007. It looks just lovely. Friend of ours stayed in Windsor Palms last year and just loved it! Windsor Hills looks even better with the great pool complex etc. I hope someone out there is DISland has a review! :thumbsup2

I just booked 8 nights at the new Story Time 2 townhome for under 1000 Canadian. I spoke personally with the owner and he genuinely seems like he wants to please everone. He was very accommodating and answers emails promptly. He said he will be calling me to update me on the construction of the home (due to be complete in March).

Looking forward to anyone's review of the Story Time rental so far!

I will be eager to hear your review! 8 days for under $1000 Canadian sounds like a great deal for that place! I think this is where we will end up staying in 2007 unless I get some new brainwave. This place just looks right for us. I too emailed the owner with a couple of questions and they were also very prompt to reply.

willise - when are you going? We will be there 9 nights, April 29 - May 7. YES - the owner seems very nice and PROMPTLY emailed me photos of some of the furniture they bought for the new place. Just FYI - the townhome was already finished, it is not being constructed. The owner bought an existing townhome, but he is having it totally redecorated (similar to Story Time I). That is all he is waiting on. He said the photos of the completed redo will be one the website March 15. I can't wait to see them!

crazymama - I will let you know our experience when we return, if you can wait that long. He books up fast, though!

Mepperson,

We will be there in October for the MNSSHP, but I haven't seen the pictures yet. Would love to see them though!!!

If it is anything like the Story Time 1 pictures and description, it should be beautiful. I still can't believe that we got this place so cheap. If it turns out to be as nice as I think it will be, I will try to book out times for the next couple oy trips.

Looking forward to your report!

Mepperson, My family and I will be at Story Time II the week before you. We are so excited we can hardly stand it.
Our family has gotten so big that we can't afford to stay on Disney anymore. I am looking forward to Story Time II though. It looks great and I think that it will work out well for us.

Hey MooMoo - neat to "know" the person staying right before/after you, huh? What a small, small world indeed!

Mary

I have stayed in one of the townhomes exactly like this one, and with only one minor complaint (to follow).

The location is AWESOME! Just a hop, skip, and a jump to Disney, with lots of shops, restaurants, and things to do nearby. The one we rented was disneyvisittownhome.

The owner was exceptional to deal with, and everything was as promised. There was a HUGE flat screen TV, and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I actually emailed him after our visit to ask the brand because I forgot to look before we left. The kitchen was well stocked, and they had many extras (paper towels, , TP, rags, coffee filters, etc.) there for us which was greatly appreciated.

My only complaint was the pool area. We never planned to use the pool all that much, so I didn't consider the small patio pool a problem. However, I did find the fact that there was no table to sit at outside and enjoy the beautiful weather a big problem, and one that I hadn't considered when we rented. There were only a couple of regular patio chairs, sitting on a foot and half wide slab of concrete surroundinging the small pool.

We enjoy an evening cocktail, sitting around the table conversing, but there was no room for it, and no table and chairs. So, be sure to check out the patio photos before renting. I just never gave it a thought ahead of time, and we really missed that aspect of our vacation.

Good luck!

The website for this townhome has been updated now to include pics of Story Time II. It looks great, and I know my DD7 will love the Mickey/Minnie room. She has seen the pics and has already said that now she doesn't mind that we are staying here instead of Nick Hotel this year! Whew - what a relief. We are all set now.

PS - Serene, check out the photo of their pool area - they included a table with chairs - Mickey table and chairs, at that.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter