Strange call from Disney. Anyone else?

Halloweenqueen

Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...
So I got a call from Anaheim tonight. They identified themselves as Disney and said they wanted to confirm my December reservation. Asked me to go on the website to review partial closures and familiarize myself with the Hawaiian travel policies.

Anyone else? I thought it was strange that they are calling December folks already.

That's a strange call indeed. Did they have the details of your reservation correct, meaning it's really DVC calling, and not a scammer?

Great3

Going 11/8 and we have not received any phone calls or emails regarding our trip. How odd that you got that. I agree with the scam thinking.

Anaheim being the location is okay--I've gotten legitimate calls from there from DVC in the past regarding Aulani bookings. And since they didn't ask for any personal or financial information, it lends more credence to the "it was really Disney" theory.

Anaheim being the location is okay--I've gotten legitimate calls from there from DVC in the past regarding Aulani bookings. And since they didn't ask for any personal or financial information, it lends more credence to the "it was really Disney" theory.

Thanks for posting you gotten calls also. At least I know now this is possible for Aulani bookings.

Great3

We were contacted by our Airbnb host for a trip not until summer, suggesting that we go ahead and schedule our testing early, as testing slots with partner are filling up quickly. That may be the reason for the outreach? Who knows. If I've learned anything since becoming a DVC member, it's that there is little consistency across members' experiences!

did you google the phone number that they called from? that would have answered your question quickly. hawaii's policies are so restrictive and it seems many restaurants on property are going to be at least temporarily closed for now. it's nice they gave you a heads up to familiarize yourself with all the changes so you can jump ship if these new changes don't fly for you and your vacation plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!