Strange kitty....

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Last night while I was working on my homework up in the game room, the kitties were up there with me. That's nothing unusual.

Well, a little set-up here. On the opposite side of the room from my computer, we have almost all the bookshelves from our apartment. In the bottom of one bookshelf, I have a few old computer game boxes stacked (I don't know why I don't want to get rid of them... they don't work any more :rolleyes: ). One shelf over from that are my Disney pins (kept in binders). Another shelf, some travel books and a few of those trade paperback comic collections (mostly Spiderman). Then another shelf of assorted books. Then the TV, then another bookshelf with those school books I've kept through the years. (all of these are the bottom shelf)

Well, last night, Skye climbed in to the bottom shelf with the computer programs and was DIGGING away at the boxes. I don't know what he wanted. What's strange, is I have three boxes that once held the new Disney cereals. The food is entirely gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still smelled like food. Skye left those alone. He wanted my computer boxes. :confused:

A minute later, he jumps out as though he's chasing something (nothing there we could see) and jumps past the Disney pins and goes to the comics. He *pulls out* one book of comics then starts trying to empty the shelves of the other comic books.

I growl at him, so he moves on and starts chewing on a couple of papers sticking out of the assorted books on the next shelf over, then abandons them, *runs* to the bookshelf on the other side of the room, and proceeds to attempt to consume one of my old school books.

Very strange. I don't know if he saw a bug or what, but it was really strange. :confused: Once I pulled him away from my class books, he stopped. I scruffed him out of the bookshelf, then picked him up and asked him why he did that. The look he gave me seemed to say "Well, it got your attention, didn't it?" :rolleyes:

For some reason, all my kitties wanted more attention last night when I got home.

Too funny....Candi was very quiet last night - second night in her new home and dd wore her out after she got home from school I think. She was asleep by 7:30!!!!!! Next week we will probably have her venture up to the rest of the house....she tried very hard though when I was home for lunch yesterday...she wanted to see what I was doing!!!! She is VERY nosey I have noticed!!!!

But that is so cute Rajah...for some reason I can seem him jumping and dashing from one spot to another....

Oh...maybe he was high on catnip!!!! ROFL

Cats are strange critters sometimes. Cute story, Tamie, perhaps your place is haunted by mice?

No, there's enough open wall between the TV and the two bookshelves that, since I was watching, I would have seen a mouse run past. And he wasn't trying to get at the *wall*, so I don't think we have a mouse in the wall. He was trying to get at the *books* themseles. :confused:

That is too cute Tammi!!! I swear I don't understand my kitties half the time. There is one box they keep "digging" in but there is never anything in it that they would play with (a few papers that's it). They just love to jump into the box and dig :rolleyes: :teeth:

Last night both babies were particularly cuddly and desiring attention... I am chalking it up to the cold weather. I am sure Cleo will love going out in the absolutely freezing temps to go to the vet for her check up ;)

I almost wonder if the kitties could tell I came up in a different car and were saying "we want to see" :teeth: ;)

Part of that may be true, because they know the sound of the garage door, and animals can hear the sounds cars make, and they know the sounds of those cars that come home normally, so it may have been because of "change" that all the kitties were more talkative and demanding of my attention when I first got home last night. But that wouldn't explain Skye's wanting more attention than usual 2 hours later. LOL!

My kitty Simba will act strange at times especially when the weather is about the change. Last night he was chasing imaginary bugs :D as our temp was dropping outside to the single digits.

As a true arachnophobic, I bet he was trying to catch a spider. And he's a good kitty if he was - one less spider in the world is always a good thing. I see alot less spiders around since I got my cat. He will spend hours stalking one until he gets it, and then he :eek: EATS it!

Mine do the same thing if they can catch them. Bugs are a natural part of a cat's diet, if the cat were outdoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter