Stressed!

pamkat1820

DIS Veteran
We passed ROFR on the 6th of March. I know that we have more time to wait for the next step from the Title company. I emailed the agent over a week ago checking in for the second time , the responds was oh as soon as we receive anything we will you know. Ok.... I emailed today hey guys just checking in but I haven't heard anything at all. wondering if the Virus might be delaying everything.

just got an email back hey the title company is missing a document from you that they sent you right after ROFR, if you didn't get it can you let us know.....

ummm you think that the 3 emails I sent saying I have not heard anything other than "you passed!" might have been a red flag I was missing something when I was questioning that I have heard absolutely noting at all..... radio silence.

anyone know if I completely messed everything up by missing this unknown document from the title company?

Not sure who your title company is, but they could be dealing with a personal issue right now.

If it is First American, they take a long time, you might want to try their general telephone number if you can't get the agent directly.

We just closed and we had passed ROFR Feb 13th. The closing documents got held up for a bit because the seller forgot to send back their escrow letter. We got that around the same type as ours was sent to ROFR. Once they reminded the seller it got there the next day and closing documents were sent out. If its the open escrow letter you are missing that can just be signed and scanned and returned easily.

It’s possible that your agent did not get the quick response from the title company, after reaching out once you emailed. so it could be why they just found out as well,

It’s hard to say at this point, but once all paperwork is in, it is usually pretty quick. Just be aware, though, given some of the lock downs and the need of a seller to notarize, it could be delayed further,

I know here in NY, the governor came up with a plan to continue those services via a virtual system with a fax machine involved.

They just emailed me the documents it was buried in a spam folder from before we even passed ROFR. I completely understand that is why I have been saying I know that I must be missing something. I just want all of this settled I am worried that I won't be able to get inside the bank to get a bank check for the down payment that is why I have been questioning if I am missing anything.

They just emailed me the documents it was buried in a spam folder from before we even passed ROFR. I completely understand that is why I have been saying I know that I must be missing something. I just want all of this settled I am worried that I won't be able to get inside the bank to get a bank check for the down payment that is why I have been questioning if I am missing anything.
Completely understand your stress. Hopefully you can get everything done quickly now. I was worried our closing wouldn't happen if florida issued a stay at home order. But it sounds like financial and title institutions are considered essential most places.

I feel like a jerk stressing over it all when there are bigger things to stress over. I just don't want to loose our listing over something that could have been fixed weeks ago.

Given the virus issues, if you can't get into the bank for the down payment, see if you can do a wire transfer via email or fax. THough, even under the circumstances, I think bank lobbies will need to be open, even if just for a few hours per day.

I am so mad at myself for not digging further into my emails to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't want to leave my house right now for anything. we jumped from 3_ _ to 618 cases in one day..... I really need a mickey fix right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter