• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studios at VGF and VWL

lvldsgrl

Earning My Ears
Is there really enough room in these studios for 5 people(3 adults,7 and 4 year old)? We are considering these due to the low point values but is that really worth it? TIA

Not in my opinion. How would the 5 fit into your bedroom at home?

For us the resort is more important than the parks. 2 adults, we get a 1 bedroom, three adults, we get a 2 bedroom.

:earsboy: Bill

Depends what you plan on doing, how long you are going and how well you all get along, lol. I prefer to save points and stay in a studio with our family of 5 - me, DH, DD 15, DS 14, and DD infant. We are just sleeping and showering there. If you plan on spending quality time in your room, perhaps a larger villa with more personal space is a better option.

I think doing it with 5 if 3 are children might be okay...we stayed at deluxe resorts with 5 years ago--although, those rooms are bigger than studios...

But, with 3 adults...I don't know if I would...unless it was just for a few nights and then maybe..

We have not stayed at VGF yet--first time will be in July...so can't speak for that, but at VWL, I just think it might be tight...

We do 4 adults in a studio all the time. It's not like you spend huge amounts of time in your room. We also take full advantage of the common areas at the resorts to read, relax instead of just staying in our room.

If you are looking for opinions, I would say no. Keep in mind you will have one bed and one pull out sofa. Couldn't you get a one bedroom at OKW for a pretty low point value?

Worth it depends on you for a night or 2 I might try but at least with GFV there is so little storage space that you have no place to put any of your stuff (clothing, toiletries, ect). The bed space takes up previous storage space. You have 1.5 drawers under the bed and a small shelf in 1 bathroom, as well as some space in a closet and that is it for storage. You can sleep in the room just don't bring much with you.

I have heard that 2 Adults and 3 kids can get cramped in a studio...

IMO, would do a 1 BR at a resort with lower point value! Vacation to me is about relaxing and being comfortable!:goodvibes

We bought DVC so we could have 2 bedroom villas and have space to relax. I personally would t even consider 5 in a studio

Depends on the grouping. At the VGF, the studio has almost no storage- ironically, it is spacious and with the split bath and pull out bed doable but the storage will be an issue. Wilderness lodge studios to me we're much easier with a group- we do 5 there (1 baby, 1, me , my mom and sister) and it was fine.

rlovew said:
Worth it depends on you for a night or 2 I might try but at least with GFV there is so little storage space that you have no place to put any of your stuff (clothing, toiletries, ect). The bed space takes up previous storage space. You have 1.5 drawers under the bed and a small shelf in 1 bathroom, as well as some space in a closet and that is it for storage. You can sleep in the room just don't bring much with you.

We are just finishing a four night stay with 2 of us in a studio. I think saying there is 1 and a half drawers is generous. There is really only one useable drawer unless you move the bed and bed side table. I tried out the day bed and at 5'8''it would have been tight, and wouldn't have wanted to sleep on it a whole week, an inch it 2 shorter would be fine though. I would go with a larger place for similar points. The monorail was down twice during our short stay, so even that wasn't really an advantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter