Substitute Beverage at POR?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
Is this allowed? If so, can you sub out for any SC eligible item?

Thanks!

Is this allowed? If so, can you sub out for any SC eligible item?

Thanks!

You'll have to ask once you're there. Most of the resorts do still allow the swap to any snack credit item since you have the mug for your drink, but some have restricted it to JUST a non-mug type drink and not any snack credit. Remember, you do get alcohol or specialty beverage with your QS meals, and those are usually a better value than a snack.

Do you mean a manager who chooses to strictly adhere to the conditions of the dining plan? :)
I mean a manager who chooses to be difficult just to be difficult. It makes no sense (logic or business) to not allow someone to substitute it out. Obviously Disney is fine with; they used to advertise it as one of the perks; 95% of the rest if the resorts allow it and the biggest no-brainer is that most of the time it is cheaper for them to give us a side of fries, cupcake, cookie etc. than to give us a regular bottled beverage, not to mention an alcoholic one. Yes, that is NOT a good manager no matter if I'm their boss or their "guest."

Obviously Disney is fine with; they used to advertise it as one of the perks;
I see a definite discrepancy in the tenses here (disclaimer: NOT a grammar critique!!!)

Fine with it now, probably - although if it's no longer included in the description/conditions, maybe not. Or maybe it really is at the discretion of the restaurant until the next published clarification.

I'm not 100% positive that substitutions have been allowed or advertised consistently over the last 14 years?

I see a definite discrepancy in the tenses here (disclaimer: NOT a grammar critique!!!)

Fine with it now, probably - although if it's no longer included in the description/conditions, maybe not. Or maybe it really is at the discretion of the restaurant until the next published clarification.

I'm not 100% positive that substitutions have been allowed or advertised consistently over the last 14 years?
I'm not sure why this is such s big deal for you; but since you asked... yes there was a year (believe it was 2016) where they advertised it as one of the perks. The problem with all things Disney is that the consistency of anything is almost laughable. Almost all Disney resorts allowed trading of a snack for the drink before 2016 (for at least 9 years as that's as long as I had been going with the plan) and again every year since. - Hence the reason for the tense issue you had.
So once again yes I think it's illogical and poor business practice for 1 resort or 1 manager of a disney resort food court to go against what has been common practice for at least over a decade of 95% of all others allow it; when alm it does is cost you the Disney resort food court more money and annoy the customer. - Pretty simple to see that's just an ignorant mindset of the disney resort food court manager at 1 random food court.

I mean a manager who chooses to be difficult just to be difficult. It makes no sense (logic or business) to not allow someone to substitute it out. Obviously Disney is fine with; they used to advertise it as one of the perks; 95% of the rest if the resorts allow it and the biggest no-brainer is that most of the time it is cheaper for them to give us a side of fries, cupcake, cookie etc. than to give us a regular bottled beverage, not to mention an alcoholic one. Yes, that is NOT a good manager no matter if I'm their boss or their "guest."

There is one more variable to your equation and that is the question of what Disney reimburses that manager for items on the dining plan. If Disney is ONLY reimbursing for a drink (whether it's fountain or bottled), then that manager IS LOSING money when they allow you to get a snack instead. I don't know how it all works and if it's even possible for them to show that DDP entrees and drinks equal each other, but if it is and they can't show that the entrees and drinks add up, then perhaps they don't get reimbursed for those drinks at all. So they lose the drink reimbursement and they gave you a snack for free; that's a double loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter