Sudden severe case of addonitis! HELP!!

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
Okay. So I'm just sitting here browsing the boards :surfweb: and I decided to take a look at the DVC resales listings just for "kicks". BIG mistake. I own 200 points at HH and 130 points at SSR. I used to think this was "just right". Now I have a sudden, strong urge to buy a BWV resale!!! Can I afford it? Probably not. Do I still want it? YES!!! My god why does this happen every couple of years??:eek:

Honestly, be glad that it has only happened to you "every couple of years.":rotfl:

Best wishes, whatever you decide to do!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

:sick: We recently gave in to our first case of addonitis. Now, having gotten through to the other side, I have to say I've never felt better.:thumbsup2

Of course, I have already started to think about just how soon I will be able to add some more points.;)

:sick: We recently gave in to our first case of addonitis. Now, having gotten through to the other side, I have to say I've never felt better.:thumbsup2

Of course, I have already started to think about just how soon I will be able to add some more points.;)

You just said my exact words. With double developer points we gave into our first case of addonitis too. We're already planning on adding even more as soon as our funds build back up. ;)

We bought our first 150 points resale at BCV. It was the perfect plan. Then, last October on the day we were heading down to celebrate my birthday at the Food & Wine Festival, I lost my engagement ring. The check from the insurance company was comforting, but it couldn't bring my ring back. It could, however, add on 90 points at VWL. That was plenty! Last week, they opened the DVC store in Schaumburg and we went "just for fun". Now, 160 AKV points later, we're really done.
. . . except for the 60-70 points we need to add on to VWL to even things off.
:rotfl:

Maybe you need to be thankful that you don't live closer to Chicago and have to choose from the Doorway to Dreams add-on incentive or Florida's as well as the resales! We are leaning towards Chicago's since for 160 points, we get 240 developer points PLUS $10 off. Florida was double developer points OR $10 off. If we didn't live close to Chicago, I would lean towards the resale market like you are. It's stressful, I KNOW! Good luck in your decision!

Bought a 150-point initial Disney VWL contract and have added on 3 times since then. I have 4 of those cloth bags in my closet.

I think that's it for me for a few years. I don't see myself jumping on the CRV bandwagon and it looks like the other newbie DVC resort will be in CA, so I am safe for a while. :)

The powers that be need to put me out of my misery and announce the GC DVC so I can cure my addonitis.

Take two Annual Dues bills and call me in the morning. :thumbsup2

That's basically what my husband said....except with some "extra" words involved! He's actually even more of a Disney addict than I am. So for him it was very hard to be the "voice of reason". But.....We gat our fix in 2 days!!
Off to SSR for our 1st time in a 2bdrm. I'm hoping he will be so spoiled by the 2 bedroom he will reconsider!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter