"Suite"hotels near Universal

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Hi, all!
I am looking for some recommendations on a suite near Universal. We are a party of 3 adults and 2 children, so we need at least 2 queen beds and one double. We have stayed at HIFS and loved it. I would stay there again, but we are going to take advantage of the great deal on Universal passes right now, and spend most of our days there (and at Seaworld). I guess I am hoping for something similar to HIFS. So far I have looked into: Sierra Suites, Hawthorne Suites, and Country Inn & Suites (this last one is half the price, but I don't think it has a sleeper sofa, Although it says it sleeps 5. Can't quite figure that out. Has anyone been to any of these hotels and could offer an opinion or comparison? Thanks: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you looked into the Enclave Suites. I've never stayed there, but I was looking at it when planning our next trip. It looks similar to the HIFS as they have a free breaksfast and have kidsuites etc. Besides two outdoor pools, it also has an indoor pool that I thought might be good in the event we have bad weather....but my family all wanted to go back to the HIFS so that's where we booked again.

I posted on these boards asking if anyone had stayed there and only got one reply and although the person didn't rave about the place, they said they enjoyed their stay. Their web site is www.enclavesuites.com

There is also a Holiday Inn and Suites that I've seen some good reviews for. Good luck!

Thank you, lejaf.
Forgot to mention I have looked into Holiday Inn and Suites Universal, as well. I found them to be a little pricey for our budget ($189 per night). I looked at the Enclave Suites webpage, and it does look very nice. I couldn't get any price quotes online, though, so I guess I'll have to give a call. Thanks for the info!

I just got a price of $20/night at the Amerisuites for next year. Don't know anything about the resort though. For that price, everyone could get their own room.

Whoa, $189 for the Holiday Inn seems insane...did you ask for an entertainment rate or a AAA discount?

Sadly, I don't have either of those. Also, I didn't call, just got the price quote online, so I'm sure it was rack rate. But since I don't have either of the above, I figured that's what I would be paying. Come to think of it, I should call and see if they offer a Senior rate like HIFS. We got that deal last time as my MIL was with us. I think she will be coming again. No mention of it online, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

We are also 3 adults and two children and I just used www.hotelkingdom.com on the suggestion of someone else on this board and got a 2 bedroom villa at cypress point for $89 a night. You could try that.

For the Holiday Inn - You can join the Holiday Inn Priority Club for free online at the Holiday Inn website. That sometimes get you better prices and generally gets you free upgrades or perks.

Also for free - You can go to the Go2Orlando site and request an Orlando Magicard. It has many, many discounts at hotels and restaurants (most of the hotels give a discount for it).

For AAA or Entertainment Card - I found that it was worth paying for these due to the savings I got on hotels. I paid $45 for a year's membership on AAA. The Entertainment book can be gotten for around $20. You can ask for these rates, and if the price is good enough, you may choose to get one of them (you won't actually need it until you check in).

I generally check for all of the discounts, because no certain one is always the cheapest. It just depends on the property.

Good luck!

Now you have me thinking...we are doing mostly Universal/IOA this trip and the thought of spending a lot of time on the road is not something I look forward to! I just called the Enclave. They had an entertainment rate for $119. Their kidsuites have two bathrooms and a full kitchen and a balcony. Hmmmm, don't know if I'll be able to convince my family that someplace other than HIFS will be just as fun though...and I don't know if it's worth the extra $. (I have a $99 rate at HIFS) Ahhh decisions decisions...

lejaf,

Did you ask the Enclave whether they have a Magicard rate? I don't know if they still do or not, but I checked a couple of years ago, and they had an excellent rate on a 2 bedroom. We didn't wind up staying there, so I can't speak for the property itself.

SBC

I read some bad reviews of the Enclave on another site and since I know my family will be happy at HIFS, I've decided to stay there again even though we'll have to put up with a longer commute to the Universal parks. Thanks anyway.

What abought the Residence inn? there is one on Sand lake rd and Canada ave and there is one on universal blvd not far from sand lake rdwww.residenceinn.com

universal is about 2 miles from Both of these locations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter