Sum of All Thrills?

mouserrificmom

DIS Veteran
I saw somewhere (Maybe Facebook?) that there was a rumor that Sum of All Thrills might be opening up again? Does anyone know if there is truth to this, and if so when it might happen? I suspect next week would be too soon....but a girl can hope!! :)

It is a rumor yes. The stuff is still sitting there idle. Future world could use it right now.
Most definitely. I didn't even spend that much time in future world this trip. Especially with mission space closed, there's not a lot to do

Well it's a rumor I hope is true!! :) My girls loved that and were very disappointed when it went dark. Future World is in a sad condition right now . . .

i'm hearing rumors they're doing test runs for a sponsorless re-opening, since the ride's been sitting inactive for about a year now. its lights have been on recently...

with cyberspace mountain out of commission now'd be a good time to reopen their other coaster simulator, i think

I'm going to be there 8/17. It's probably too optimistic to think this would be open by then, right?

honestly, I have not seen anyone state if for sure it will re-open, let alone when. So I would not hold out a whole lot of hope.

It is a rumor yes. The stuff is still sitting there idle. Future world could use it right now.
Would your average guest even know it's there? Or the frequents guests who know they have been pretty much gutted and empty for years?

I know I didn't venture into Innovention last trip (but I knew there wasn't anything there worth the time in a jam-packed day). Just has always felt that nothing ever directs people inside Innoventions and when most people see there isn't a real "ride" inside, a lot probably turn around and walk out.

Does anyone go inside Innoventions anymore (besides the side with the character M&Gs?)

Please be true; Please be true; Please be true.

My son LOVES that ride. Got him to break out of his shell a bit.

Would your average guest even know it's there? Or the frequents guests who know they have been pretty much gutted and empty for years?

I know I didn't venture into Innovention last trip (but I knew there wasn't anything there worth the time in a jam-packed day). Just has always felt that nothing ever directs people inside Innoventions and when most people see there isn't a real "ride" inside, a lot probably turn around and walk out.

Does anyone go inside Innoventions anymore (besides the side with the character M&Gs?)

It has a pretty low capacity so they really don't need a lot of people to know about it.

oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby oh baby

I don't think I've ever done Sum of all Thrills, but I'd be really interested if this was true. If it happens, it indicates even more that EPCOT is finally leaving behind the sponsorship model. Something long overdue. That model has brought us garbage like Imagination the Redux and Chevrolet's Test Track sponsored by Chevrolet, Featuring Chevrolet and Showcasing a Chevrolet Showroom complete with Chevrolet Merchandise and Disney's Chevrolet Characters! Chevrolet! Chevrolet! Chevrolet!

Well, considering Colortopia is currently the only attraction open and you can only get into the building from the doors in the breezeway and not the ones by Spaceship Earth, it doesn't get a lot of foot traffic.

From your lips to God's ear. I loved this ride. So much fun. Epcot so needs a filler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter