• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Summer Availability

BeckyV

Mouseketeer
We just bought more points, so each year we can book a two bedroom unit the last week in July and bring other family members. How difficult is it to book a two bedroom at OKW or Standard view at BWV for this time period at seven months? I booked a studio this year at BWV PV about two weeks before our trip. I was waitlisted about two days.

Thanks,
Becky

We have been going the last week in July, but sadly just bought DVC (VWL) in May 2001. Anyway we booked a 2BR at BW with no problem around mid-May for the last week of July. If I remember all the std views were gone (didnt ask about a wait list for them) but we wanted a boardwalk view anyway (and actually got it). OKW was wide open. This was at 3 or 4 months out, so 7 ?

Surprisingly, summer reservations seem to be easier to get at seven months than are reservations between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I do not think you will be able to get a standard view at BWV, though. The standard views seem to get booked well before seven months by BWV owners. But you might catch a cancellation, so it never hurts to try! Good luck!

Summer is an overly busy Disney in general time but is not a real busy DVC time except for the times surrounding July 4. We have found it fairly easy to get summer even beyond the 7 month window. The exception is standard view at BWV as it is generally booked before the 7 month window begins (only 20% of the rooms are standard view and they are in high demand because of lower point cost). A cancellation can occur and one time you may get lucky is right around the 7 month window as a number of people reserve at one resort 11 months out with the plan to to try to switch at 7 and thus a number of cancellations can occur for any particular resort at that time as people do the switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter