Summer Months

Cinderella822

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to plan my next vacation for the summer. I usually plan to go in the off season but as my daughter is getting older, I don't want her to miss school. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with what week, if any, is a little less crowded and more manageable during the summer months (end of June to end of August). I know it will be very hot at that time, but as long as the crowds are not too bad, I can handle it. I'm thinking of going the last week of August. Any suggestions?

We typically travel during the 2nd/3rd week of June. The weather is usually good AND the crowds don't begin to arrive until late into our stay--the 19th-21st area. That said, this year was busy at MK the entire visit BUT the remainder of the parks were fine.

The rain began (and I don't mean the normal summer showers, I mean the all day stuff) around the 19th and continued through the 21st for us. Last year it rained much, much more than this year during the same time frame. From what I hear, it's been fairly rainy the entire summer.

We went one year in August (3rd week) prior to school resuming. We were greeted with a tropical storm for our entire stay. It was soggy and very cool (70s) when wet (which was constantly). The crowds were pretty much the same as we have experienced in the 2nd/3rd weeks of June.

It's up to you, but our preference is June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter