• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

summer plans...help me decide!

TinkandGoofy'sMom

DIS Veteran
We will be staying for 10 nights at the end of August. AKV is our home resort, and we love it. We will probably spend the first five nights there. Here's where I need your help...stay the next five nights at BLT (one bedroom lake view are still available), OKW, SSR, or do one week at AKV (one bedroom), and the last three nights at BCV (one bedroom still available)? I thought of starting our trip at OKW or SSR, but can't imagine not staying at AKV at all. I love the one bedroom at AKV because of the sleeper chair (so my girls don't have to sleep together), and the extra bathroom.

BLT 1BR also have the sleeper chair and 2nd bathroom.
Have the girls expressed any desire at using the BCV pool? If so, I would go with the BCV option, otherwise I'd go with BLT.

Yes, they would love the BCV pool, but would also like BLT. At least I know whatever we decide, there's always next time!

We have done the AKV/BLT combo a couple of times and we will be doing it again in July. It makes for a nice combination. AKV is reasonably close to AK, Ep and HS, so we save our MK time for when we move over to BLT. This summer, we are starting with BLT for 4 nights followed by AKV for 4 nights. It will be nice to get our MK fix early in the trip and the switch to the peacefulness of AKV-Kidani. The extra bathroom at both resort will come in handy, since we will have 5 adults and 4 kids! We're not a big fan of the pool at BLT. I'll take the creepy clown pool at BW over the BLT pool any day! But, it is a reasonable sacrifice to be walking distance to MK.

I have to agree with others . . . your DD's may really love SAB at BCV. We have not yet stayed at that resort, but I am hoping we can do it next summer.

We have stayed at SSR once (in January) and OKW once (in August). They are both very nice resorts, but I think your girls would like being close to the parks for half the trip. Oh, and I am with you . . . we love AKV and can't imagine not spending some time at that resort on our extended trips.

Have a great time planning!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter