Summer trip at the NPB - pre-trippie

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
With less than 2 weeks until our last minute booked summer trip, I thought I'd better get on with my pre-trip report :)

The Cast
Me – Julie – 44
DH – John – 48
DD - Abbey - 22
DS – Lewis – 14

We seem to be last minute about our trips recently for some reason....We're very, very lucky to have just come back from an amazing family holiday visiting our eldest son, Mark, who works in America now. However, before we'd planned that we always said that we'd just have to come to Disneyland Paris for the Lion King festival. We didn't really think we would be able to, but decided we couldn't let it pass us by :simba:

Here are the kids from on our last summer trip together two years ago

We've had some trips separately since then so I'm looking forward to us all being there together this time.

When:
Sunday 4 August - Wednesday 7 August
I couldn't get decent flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh so we're going to travel to Manchester early on Sunday for an afternoon flight to Paris. We haven't done a 3 night stay for a couple of years so I'm really looking forward to having a bit longer in this time.

Where:
We'd normally be at the Hotel New York but with this closed now for re-furb we've had to look elsewhere. Last time DH and I were on our own and stayed at DLH which was lovely but it's just too pricey for us this time. We have also been at the Cheyenne which we really enjoyed but with this being a summer trip we're going to try the Newport Bay Club for the first time ever. We know we'll want a swimming pool in the afternoon for a cool down so thought we'd give it a try. We still have annual passes so have booked room only via Expedia.

Plans:
We'll probably eat at Annette's on our first night and have booked The Steakhouse in the Village for the second night. Nothing booked yet for the third night but might try Agrabah Cafe for lunch before going home on our last day. Other than that we'll wing it and take our time as I know it'll be very busy.

Stuff to see/do:
Lion King show which I know we'll need to queue for
I would love to see Mickey and the Magician again
The kids haven't seen Mickey's Philharmagic yet so I'm sure we'll see that at some point too
Phantom Manor: feels like we've not been on this for sooooo long, can't wait to see all the updates
Ratatoullie and enjoying a wee drink in Place de la Remy
Big Thunder Mountain in the dark.....the absolute best time to ride

I know it's going to be hot so we don't plan on spending our entire time at the parks and will try to make use of the mornings and evenings. We may take a trip to the shopping outlets/mall at to some point too.

Ezyshuttle are booked as always to shuttle us to the magic from the airport :thumbsup2

We're pretty much organised, just really need to put everything into a case a couple of days before and we'll be all set :flower1:

Went to see The Lion King today to get in the mood for next week and really enjoyed it. 6 days to go :simba:

Mickey's Philharmagic? For some reason I thought this was the same as Mickey and the Magician, I'm pretty sure this is new for us then

Mickey's Philharmagic? For some reason I thought this was the same as Mickey and the Magician, I'm pretty sure this is new for us then

Yes they're two different shows. Mickey and the Magician is in the Studios park and Mickey's Philharmagic is in the Discoveryland Theatre behind Space Mountain :thumbsup2

Yes they're two different shows. Mickey and the Magician is in the Studios park and Mickey's Philharmagic is in the Discoveryland Theatre behind Space Mountain :thumbsup2
We’ve seen Philharmagic in Florida but not Paris. Great that there’s something else to see

We’ve seen Philharmagic in Florida but not Paris. Great that there’s something else to see
Philharmagic is the same show as in Florida, but partially in French. And indeed, very hidden behind Space Mountain, as not many people seem to find it, there are always seats available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts