Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tracking GCH since i have reservations for 8/18-8/28.

When I originally booked it was $6897 for courtyard view. November 2019
2/20- $7663
3/30- $8249

I'm guessing this is why they aren't offering a better deal for people who have to move their ressies.

PS- i have a military discount- i could never spend this much for a hotel room! ;)

Has anybody called to see what the deal officially is for those who cancelled?
Post #705 above had a description. See below. I haven't heard if anyone called to confirm this.

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

For everyone participating in this thread:
The quote below is from Webmaster Mary Jo and was posted recently on another board. It applies well to this thread now. Please keep your comments respectful, courteous, and on topic. If this is too much to ask right now, then don't post at this time. Many people are struggling with very stressful situations right now and do not need to feel the brunt of other's sarcasm and negativity. Good information is always welcome, but it doesn't need to be mixed with venting or negative attitudes.

For those who are working hard to stay positive and stay on topic, thank you.

Hey guys,

The Community Board offers us a corner on the Internet where we can come together and share information, bolster each other up during these times, and just communicate while we practice social distance in real life. Even though the majority of us are anonymous, we've come to know each other, so while many of us have account names that we don't use in our day-to-day lives, we recognize fellow posters by our past posts, reactions to others, and how we respond to topics, etc. Personally, I don't know any other forum that allows such a wide-array of responses and insightful discussion. That's why so many of us stay here.

Most of us know the rules. They are pretty straight - basically, be respectful of each other, keep away from politics/religion, and don't take advantage of these forums to further your own agenda/business, etc.

Please don't get around the guidelines. If you feel that you just have to make your point and that point is going to eventually cause a thread to be closed, please don't hit that enter button to post it here. Post on Reddit or someplace else, or walk away from the keyboard or put that person you can't agree with on ignore until you cool down.

If you see a post that ignores the guidelines, please report it right away so we can clean up the thread. The more pages there are with posts that reference politics, are sarcastic, are attacking in nature, the more likely we'll just shut it down, which deprives the rest of the community from continuing to carry on some pretty good discussions.

This is going to be a year with a LOT of discussion. Please help us keep this a family-friendly community.

Thanks,

Webmaster Mary Jo

Post #705 above had a description. See below. I haven't heard if anyone called to confirm this.

This is somewhat of a bummer. I am hoping to book around 6/1 if they end up being open then and this deal is just the same as the promo they have going on for spring already til the June 18th. Might be good for those booking after the promo though.... anyone confirm this is the deal?

I can also confirm the offer is active. I am not sure how it worked out, but after nearly 2 1/2 hours on the phone, I am getting a refund (my package was paid in full before the closure). We were originally set to fly home from Disneyland on 3/28. I am choosing to look at this experience as getting a chance to plan a new trip. Without the closure my vacation would be over. Instead, it hasn't even begun!!

FYI - I just applied the discount to my reservation. August 24 - 29 Disneyland Hotel. Initial price $2822.04. New price with the discount $1898.90. That is a decent discount IMO.
Do the deets follow Sun-Thurs, only for those who originally booked packages stuff we were reading?

I spent two hours on the phone too. I rescheduled for August and my new trip ended up being less than I originally paid. Whether we decide to go or not, I'm not sure but we'll wait and see what the future brings.

joining in. Missing Disneyland and can't wait for it to open, but I hope they wait until things are much better. I live locally, but have a lot booked in the next few months that I don't know what to do about yet.

I have 3 upcoming DVC reservations at VGC (1 night in May to use some banked AKV points that will expire 1/31, 2 nights in July for Disneyland's birthday, and 2 nights in November). I am going to cancel my May reservation fairly soon --- but not sure what to do about the points. They can't be re-banked and I cannot use on the other 2 reservations since they are AKV and I booked those reservations using my VGC points at 11 months out and are on my other contract (I have 2 contracts with 2 use years and cannot transfer my banked points over). And none of that takes into account my September WDW reservation which also has some banked points (but not too many) that need to be used by 11/30. Since I have my 81 year old Mom coming on all these trips, I need things to be safe for her to come!

I never asked if it was only Sun-Thur, as stated in the offer. I can tell you I originally booked with the Disney Visa promotion which did include discounts on Friday and Saturday nights. My package stayed exactly the same and I was given a refund. I was also told a note would be added to my reservation for a $50 a night resort credit. Apparently, it must also be in the offer, or they are running it simultaneously for those affected by the closure. As a side note, I rebooked on the first day the closure was announced and things were hectic. There were a ton of problems finding me a room and it could be that the price they rebooked at was wrong because, to my horror, it was thousands more than my original package. The refund today could reflect the incorrect adjustment when it was origanlly moved.

Just received an unprompted E-mail from Disney cancelling our rooms at the Grand Californian for a stay starting May 20th, so they must be planning to still be closed at that point. I did not call or reach out in any way, since i was trying to be a tiny bit optimistic.

I never asked if it was only Sun-Thur, as stated in the offer. I can tell you I originally booked with the Disney Visa promotion which did include discounts on Friday and Saturday nights. My package stayed exactly the same and I was given a refund. I was also told a note would be added to my reservation for a $50 a night resort credit. Apparently, it must also be in the offer, or they are running it simultaneously for those affected by the closure. As a side note, I rebooked on the first day the closure was announced and things were hectic. There were a ton of problems finding me a room and it could be that the price they rebooked at was wrong because, to my horror, it was thousands more than my original package. The refund today could reflect the incorrect adjustment when it was origanlly moved.

Wow! A resort credit too! They didnt say anything to me about that so maybe you got lucky.

Interesting. I've been waiting for a cancellation notice, since we are scheduled to stay at the GCH on April 7th, but no word. I was hoping they'd cancel so I didn't have to wait on hold. And maybe, because I'm sad to officially cancel, even though I know I have to do so soon.

Wow! A resort credit too! They didnt say anything to me about that so maybe you got lucky.
I would definetly ask about it. The cast member clearly stated I was eligible for the credit, which leads me to believe it wasn't specific to just my reservation.

joining in. Missing Disneyland and can't wait for it to open, but I hope they wait until things are much better. I live locally, but have a lot booked in the next few months that I don't know what to do about yet.

I have 3 upcoming DVC reservations at VGC (1 night in May to use some banked AKV points that will expire 1/31, 2 nights in July for Disneyland's birthday, and 2 nights in November). I am going to cancel my May reservation fairly soon --- but not sure what to do about the points. They can't be re-banked and I cannot use on the other 2 reservations since they are AKV and I booked those reservations using my VGC points at 11 months out and are on my other contract (I have 2 contracts with 2 use years and cannot transfer my banked points over). And none of that takes into account my September WDW reservation which also has some banked points (but not too many) that need to be used by 11/30. Since I have my 81 year old Mom coming on all these trips, I need things to be safe for her to come!
Call member services they might be able to help you move the points around between the reservations.

Interesting. I've been waiting for a cancellation notice, since we are scheduled to stay at the GCH on April 7th, but no word. I was hoping they'd cancel so I didn't have to wait on hold. And maybe, because I'm sad to officially cancel, even though I know I have to do so soon.

We are part of a conference group booking, so maybe they cancelled the conference and therefore the full block of rooms associated with it? There wasn't any info aside from a cancellation confirmation number.... so hopefully we will have a refund coming.

Last edited:
Disney went back on pushing back the expiration dates on tickets for now.

We don’t know what parks will look like when they open. I can see wanting to give it time. We Disney nuts can’t wait to go back- for now. But after a couple months of watching this unfold, living 6 feet apart from others and knowing this is still circulating in society...I concur. Entertainment that requires people to stand next to each other in small spaces (fireworks, parades) could be LONG postponed. I can see Fantasmic and WOC running but with drastic cuts in audience size allowed in viewing areas.

as far as your tickets even if Disney expires them out you should be able to apply the value to new tickets.
OMG I just went and looked at this again. Thanks for letting me know. That’s really disappointing. We purchased thru LMTC so I am assuming I would have to have the voucher amount that I paid applied towards new tickets at the booth? That would be a big discount lost not to mention upgrading to the gate ticket price which is now higher. So disappointed by this. 😞

Is this discount strictly for those that had their trips cancelled for the dates Disneyland is closed?

I booked a stay at DLR (as at that time it was looking like our April Disney cruise was mostly likely to be cancelled) on March 12, (3 days before DLR closed) for late August and would love to get in on this discount...or perhaps the Spring offer stay dates will be extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter