"Supposedly" not a Disney trip BUT where to stay for 1 night near Disney Springs?

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
I have booked a surprise cruise and plan of visiting some friends on each coast for my husbands 50th birthday in Sept. We are flying in and out of Orlando and I JUST CANNOT be that close and not do something Disney related! LOL I know this trip is supposed to be about him and Disney is TOTALLY about ME! LOL

So I'm thinking I'd like to be back in the Orlando area the night before we have to fly back home and thought maybe we can stay at an off property hotel that is close to Disney Springs so we could have a nice dinner there and then maybe do a resort character breakfast the next morning before flying home. I'm going to hate not getting into a park but I will take what I can get! LOL

So my question is - Where is a nice but reasonable place to stay (preferably in walking distance to Disney Springs if possible). It's just the two of us and it's only for the one night. Any suggestions would be welcomed and we will have a rental car if we need it.

Thanks so much!

You can find some additional comments regarding the Disney Springs Hotels by searching the hotel names on this forum. Make sure you keep the "Search this forum only" box checked. Here are some quick thoughts based on my experience.
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: Best of the bunch. All two-room suites that were renovated a few years back. I've stayed 40+ nights there in the past few years and every experienced anything except minor issues. (Safe that wouldn't open or dead TV remote.) The staff is great.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: Solid hotel with above-average staff and management. Many rooms feature balconies and the walk to Disney Springs is short. My last two stays were just about perfect.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Brand new lobby, restaurant, and pool complex. I had a dismal stay there, but it was during their property-wide renovation. That renovation should be complete by September. It's a big complex with many rooms in multiple buildings/towers. Due to pool architecture, many rooms with views of Disney Springs and Epcot can be noisy. (There is no elevator lobby in the main tower. So, guests waiting for elevators are literally just a few feet from the beds in some rooms.)
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: Very average convention-style hotel. I've stayed there probably 30+ nights in the past few years and I've had many issues. Big ones like not having my room cleaned or being woken up by groundskeepers using leaf blowers within 20 feet of guest rooms prior to 7am. Personally, I will only stay there if the rate is really low (like under $110 including the $24/night resort fee).
The other hotels are ones in which I haven't stayed. I do know that the B Resort does get good reviews. The Best Western Lake Buena Vista usually has decent prices. Provided you don't expect the world, it might work.

The Wyndham complex is actually two separate hotels that share the common areas like the lobby, pools, restaurants. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has motel-style exterior entry guest rooms. The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (no "Garden") is the tower building that features interior entry rooms that are much nicer. Prices in the tower are typically much higher.

You can find some additional comments regarding the Disney Springs Hotels by searching the hotel names on this forum. Make sure you keep the "Search this forum only" box checked. Here are some quick thoughts based on my experience.
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: Best of the bunch. All two-room suites that were renovated a few years back. I've stayed 40+ nights there in the past few years and every experienced anything except minor issues. (Safe that wouldn't open or dead TV remote.) The staff is great.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: Solid hotel with above-average staff and management. Many rooms feature balconies and the walk to Disney Springs is short. My last two stays were just about perfect.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Brand new lobby, restaurant, and pool complex. I had a dismal stay there, but it was during their property-wide renovation. That renovation should be complete by September. It's a big complex with many rooms in multiple buildings/towers. Due to pool architecture, many rooms with views of Disney Springs and Epcot can be noisy. (There is no elevator lobby in the main tower. So, guests waiting for elevators are literally just a few feet from the beds in some rooms.)
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: Very average convention-style hotel. I've stayed there probably 30+ nights in the past few years and I've had many issues. Big ones like not having my room cleaned or being woken up by groundskeepers using leaf blowers within 20 feet of guest rooms prior to 7am. Personally, I will only stay there if the rate is really low (like under $110 including the $24/night resort fee).
The other hotels are ones in which I haven't stayed. I do know that the B Resort does get good reviews. The Best Western Lake Buena Vista usually has decent prices. Provided you don't expect the world, it might work.

The Wyndham complex is actually two separate hotels that share the common areas like the lobby, pools, restaurants. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista has motel-style exterior entry guest rooms. The Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (no "Garden") is the tower building that features interior entry rooms that are much nicer. Prices in the tower are typically much higher.
Thanks so much!! Leaning towards the Holiday Inn. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter