Surprising family with trip

bobri

Earning My Ears
I am going to surprise my kids ages 3 and 6 with a trip to WDW for next year. It is going to be part of their Christmas present does anyone have any good ideas on how to surprise them with this gift? I am sure someone out there has came up with a great idea I can use. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Bob,

YOU are the best dad!!! :D

I have NO idea how you are going to keep your mouth shut about this for a whole YEAR!!!!! :eek:

That said, do you have any family traditions leading up to the Christmas holiday? When do you put up the tree? Do you want them to know on the way to the airport or a bit ahead to help you "plan"?

I am so excited for you!! :D

WE too have decieded to take our first vacation to WDW dec 1 - 7th. WE are making it a Christmas present for our four children. 12, 11, 8, . We have been planning for almost a year. And have managed to keep our month shut so far. There are a lot of questions that I would like to ask about planning it but can't. I would like to think of an awesome way of waking them to leave for the 12 hour trip. I know trying to pack will be difficult because there are so many of us to pack for. I am making them each a" little surprise kit" (camera, flashlight, their favorite candy, disney bucks about 65.00 each( i hope that is enough - that is what I have as of now, I am still trying to find an autograph books And a couple of other things I'd like to add but I don't know what yet. Anything else I am forgetting to put in there? I have put a few things in it relating to WDW. Any ideas would be just awesome. We thought about telling them we wanted to go to Florida for the weekend to pack and then somewhere along the way telling them where. I also thought of putting a Disney screensaver on my computer with a note saying "hey lets go to WDW today" the night before or the morning of. Still thinking of that awesome idea.... Got any please send.

We surprised our kids last year. They are older 15 & 9 at the time. I bought WDW 2001 t shirts on ebay. I printed out our flight itinerary and stuck it in the shirts and then wrapped them.

We left on Friday night. We gave it to them on Wednesday night, so they would have time to pack. They were so surprised!

It was so much fun!

One year we gave them the vacation planning video to watch as part of their Xmas gift.

Another year we put our itinerary in their stockings.

Both times they were very surprised.

I think they will be surprised & excited no matter what you do.

We're surprising our 3 dds, 8, 8, and 5, with a trip Jan 1 -6. Our beloved au pair will be there with her sister before they return to Australia. So, we're joining them for one last Hurrah! (Sort of a bittersweat trip!) I bought Mickey and Minnie picture frames and am going to put a certificate for the trip in the frame.

We're going in March with my parents, so when DH and I talk about this trip they think is for the trip with Grandma and Pop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter