Surprising info on CRT

Jasminesmommy

<font color=red>My dh pops the can for me<br><font
I just called to see if they had PS for CRT Brkf for 4 and they said they had 1 table left for 5 people and could not give it to a party of 4. So if I wanted to go I would not be able to get that table. That is plan rude if you ask me. Did anyone else know this?? Know don't go telling me the rules cause I know this and has done it a few times a year I was just curious cause its seems easier to get in.
I just found this wierd they wouldn't give it to someone of a lesser party cause of the # in there party.

it's all about the money...

that being said, I would try back and speak with another CM, Just because one wasn't willing to give you that four topper, doesn't mean another can't figure out a way to...

frustrating.

Thats fine. I don't want it. The day i wasnt is the 24th and my call date is Saturday. I was just curious if they had tables.

I am guessing at that point..my reservation would be for 5 and someone would be very late that morning.

This just happened to me too!!!

I called for a table for 2......and was told they had 2 ressies that were available for a party of 3 or 4:mad:

I wonder if they have any tables for 2:confused:

My DD(7) was very disappointed!

MNmom:earsgirl:

You can say somone is late but you still have to pay for the phantom 5th person. I guess it all depends onhow bad you want it.I say that really sucks

Do you have to pay if someone don't show up. We put a deposit down for 9 people, when i made the ressie i told the person taking it that there may be a possibility that the 9th person may not be able to go and was told I should book for 9 and if they cannot go we can apply the xtra 10 bucks toward our bill. Has anyone done this? Was i given the wrong information?

You could book the PS for a party of 5 then call back and cancel one person.

I did this for our Easter trip. As long as I was lowering the party number there wasn't a problem.

Originally posted by disneyjunkie
You could book the PS for a party of 5 then call back and cancel one person.

I did this for our Easter trip. As long as I was lowering the party number there wasn't a problem.

I tried to this for the california grill. We were going to be 5 and I had to lower it to 3. He said the only way I could do that was to cancel my existing ressies and then make new ones. So I said OK. Then he proceeds to give me different times. I asked him why can't I just have the time I already had and he said I couldn't. Well, I didn't want those other times, I wanted the times I had!
I really couldn't imagine that going from a 5 to a 3 that they wouldn't be getting another ressie for 2 during wishes...I don't think so!
I told him never mind, I'll just keep my existing ressie. He said fine. Turned out he cancelled the whole thing and I was left without any ressies at all!!!!!

Anyways, the point of my rambling is be careful because it may not work out to just lower the number in your party. Everyone seems to be on a different page sometimes when making PS's..

Originally posted by phorsenuf

I really couldn't imagine that going from a 5 to a 3 that they wouldn't be getting another ressie for 2 during wishes...I don't think so!

The thing with this is that they had a certain table size for your party of five, and parties of three have a different table size. They just didn't have any tables for the party of three during the same time you wanted. For another reservation for two to come in and "help" with that, they would have had to seat both your party and the party of two at the same table.

MNMom - Just wanted to let you know that they do have PS's for parties of 2 - I just got one this morning at 8:10 on 9/22. Good luck!! :)

Don't flame me for this but, by the fact that the CM told you that 'we don't have a party of 4 but we do have a party of 5", i think he/she was hiniting to you to book the party of 5. He/She could easily have told you that they had nothing available or "nothing available for your party size". by telling you, we have a PS for 5 people I think he/she expected you to take it. I would guess the computer and rules don't let me book 4 people into the table but if you say "oh, I am sorry, I actually do have a party of 5" they would book you.

I think I would have went with the larger party size and then decided what to do.

We had friends who ran into a similar situation at CP.

For CRT breakfast you're lucky to get anything. Grab it and adjust it later. Actually, our last trip we had reservations for a party of four, but I wasn't feeling well and didn't go. We didn't call to change our party size. When dh got there with the kids they simply applied the $10 advance reservation for my reservation to the remainder of the bill for the total party. The OP should have just taken the table for five, paid the $50, then showed up with a party of four. The extra $10 would have been applied to the bill.

Jumping in with a couple of thoughts.........

I don't think that Disney's PS is 100% accurate. OK, maybe with the harder to get PS's, like Cindy's, there's more of a "structure" to the way they take seatings/PS's, but I don't think the cast members making the PS's at WDW-DINE have the full scoop. Here's an example.

When I was in WDW in Feb. I had made a PS for 3 adults and one baby at Crystal Palace for dinner on Valentines Day. Then our party size grew to 4 adults and 1 baby. I tried calling WDW-DINE every day to add the 4th adult and the CM's said that I couldn't do it at the time I originally booked. I never changed the PS. When it got to Valentines Day and we were there in the MK, I went up to the podium at CP in the morning and I WAS able to add the 4th adult for the time we had booked. THEN, about an hour before our scheduled PS, a friend of ours who was in Orlando called on his cell and said he wanted to meet us for dinner. So, an HOUR before the PS, I went up to the podium and I was able to add ANOTHER adult. And this was Valentines Day - a Saturday, too - and it was no problem.

So I think that the PS system is OK at best. Always go up to the podium when you get to the restaurant. Again, Cindy's is probably harder to do this with, maybe even impossible, but I think there's lots of room to move with all the other WDW eateries.

Just my opinion.

scanne,

I would bet that had something to do with people cancelling closer to the day of the PS, though. They probably had a table for six open when you called to add the first adult, so adding the second wouldn't be a problem.

As far as that party of 4 goes, I would just take the PS for 5, say the 5th is a child and when you get there you tell them one couldn't make it. Yes you'll have paid a deposit for $5 but it will only go toward the total bill anyway. (or you can be even more creative and tell them that 5th person is under 3 and you won't have to pay a deposit at all). I agree it's ridiculous-but people downsize their party sizes all of the time, you know they have a system for it.

I've made PS for 3 a few times and only my dd and I could go because dh couldn't make the trip. When I tried to call and let them know they just told me to let them know when I check in. This also happened last year when we were supposed to be a party of 5 and my SIL and my niece couldn't go because my niece was sick:(, so they just applied the deposit toward the final bill, worked out fine. (and the bill was cheaper;))

Also, like someone already mentioned, yes there are tables for 2 and most of them are by the windows which is a great spot!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter