• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprising Stories Behind 20 Muppet Characters

Thanks! That was an interesting and fun article. I LOVE the Muppets - especially Beaker and Fozzie.

Thanks for sharing that. I was aware of Piggy's troubled childhood and Kermit's origins as a lizard (partly because I've never seen a frill-necked frod aside from Kermit), but much of the rest was new to me.

I would so love to see a new Muppets attraction at WDW. I love MuppetVision 3D, but I feel like there's so much more that could be done with the characters. I wish I had been able to see the Muppet Mobile Lab bewfore it retired. Ah well.

My husband took philosphy courses at Purdue Univ from Prof Kermit Scott in the 70's. He was Jim Henson's boyhood friend. ANd in spite of what is said in the article there was a very strong resemblence between the 2 Kermits that cannot be denied.

I love the muppets. Thanks for sharing :). My children do not share my muppet love, it's a shame :rotfl:

That is so good! There's also a link to Mr. Rogers in that, and well, I enjoyed that even more. I've passed them along to friends. Thanks for the post!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

My husband took philosphy courses at Purdue Univ from Prof Kermit Scott in the 70's. He was Jim Henson's boyhood friend. ANd in spite of what is said in the article there was a very strong resemblence between the 2 Kermits that cannot be denied.

Professor Kermit Scott has a frill a his neck and ping-pong balls for eyes? :lmao:

It's possible that Prof. Scott was one of a few inspirations for Kermit, even if Jim Henson wouldn't admit it or wasn't conscious of it.

Since this thread isn't about theme park planning, I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board.

Personally, I disagree with the "speculation" that Animal was based on Keith Moon. He's the spitting (and drumming) image of Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood. :)

Animal02.jpg

Mick_Fleetwood.sized.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter