Swan/Dolphin Dining???

CamColt

We will be staying at the Swan for the first time in Dec, and never being there before, I have a few question.

I realize that Shulas & Palios are nice, somewhat fancy, sit down restuarants. Im also under the impression that Tubbis is a counter service place, sort of on par with food courts or the quick services places in other resorts(is that right?).

Now what exactly are the other places Im reading menus for...Cabana Bar & Grill, Coral Cafe, Dolphin Fountain, Splash Grill & Deli, Garden Grove Cafe, and Gullivers at the Garden Grove(we arent interested in the sushi bar)? Are these all sit down places? Are any of them counter service?

We get a lot of use out of the food court when we stay at a value or moderate so Im wondering what our choices will be for a quick bite here or there at the Swan.

Thanks for any info!

Thanks NotTooGoofy! Ive read the menus(over and over, LOL) Im just wondering what kind of restaurants they are...if they are all sit down places, fancy or not, stuff like that.

CamColt,

You are correct.
Shula's and Palio - fancy upscale restaurants, not to mention expensive ;)

*Tubbi's - cafeteria style setup with fast food typical of food courts

*Cabana B&G - full service pool bar at Dolphin

Coral Cafe - casual restaurant serving mostly buffets

*Dolphin Fountain - ice cream shop

Garden Grove (Gulliver's Grill) - same place but different offerings at night. Character dinner here was expensive but worth seeing Timon and Rafiki. I would expect lunch and breakfast to be cheaper.

*Splash Grill - pool bar and cafe at Swan

*counter service

Most of the restaurants are downstairs in the Dolphin except Shula's which is off the lobby. You will find most of the counter service type restaurants here rather than at the Swan. HTH

We had breakfast at the Garden Grove I think it was called at the Swan. It is a very pretty restaurant with a garden, open theme with lots of windows and pastel colors. There was a buffet but we ordered off the menu and it was very good. Service was very attentive and fast. There were children there but they were not running round, nor did they have to wait long for their food. It felt comfortable casual yet not too casual. I thought the restaurant fit in very nicely with the overall theme of the Swan which we loved.

I would say the Dolphin Fountain is more like counter service--burgers and ice cream. Although the Gullivers is a sitdown buffet, the character meal we went to was not too formal but a little on the expensive side. I thought they had a nice selection of entrees, and I really liked that they had a seperate buffet line for the kids with kid type foods. The kids could also get food from the regular buffet line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter