Switched DW from VWL to OKW - Any Suggestions?

wildernessDad

DIS Veteran
She's going down for a conference in Orlando next March. This was the earliest that I could do it. The 7-month window just opened up today for the entire length of stay. I used VWL points for it.

She and my DS will NOT be on the dining plan and she WILL have a rental car.

Any suggestions for OKW for her off time? The ferry to DTD perhaps? Any other neat things to do at or around OKW?

This will be her first, and the first time that anyone in our family stays at OKW. She's lucky to get to see it. I will not be attending, unless I think that I can swing it.

Sorry, I can only make recommendations for VWL
mooseF.gif

:rotfl2: We have only stayed at OKW twice. We did enjoy the boat ride to DTD. And just sitting and enjoying the great deck. Not too thrilled with the community hall, but enjoyed walking around the dock areas and the store. I hope you can get there to enjoy it too!

well OKW is not an action packed place.

there is the list of activities.

yes, she and DS could ride the boat over to DD.

i take it this is a no park stay as well?

your son will enjoy the slide at the Pool plus the activites that they do pool side.

not sure if they would enjoy my best thing. reading a book on your own balcony. swimming in a pool almost empty.

watching the wild life. there is an Eagle family located at OKW. plus a bunch of other birds, bunnies, otters, etc.

It is a very relaxed place. they can also rent boats or bikes.

basketball, tennis, volleyball,

there are games in the community hall.

not sure if they would enjoy my best thing. reading a book on your own balcony. swimming in a pool almost empty.

watching the wild life. there is an Eagle family located at OKW. plus a bunch of other birds, bunnies, otters, etc.

She'd love to swim if there was a lap pool there. That's how she gets her exercise.

DVC, are you listening? Lap pools, lap pools, ... :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter