Switched to AP rate today & saved $733!!!

jjohnson

DIS Veteran
Well I couldn't switch my dates (8/13-8/21) to get the free dining. So I priced out AP room rate ($219) + 1 adult AP + 8D MYW premium tickets (2A2C) $50.00 DDE card + $1000 meals (after 20% discount) $4,200 VS my package w/dining at $4,933.00.

AP rate works out to less! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I am so happy I'm finally saving some $$$. Now I HAVE to go again in 2006!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi there jj!

I did the numbers crunching thing last night and came up with this.

Staying at the Sports at the AP rate

AP package of
8 nites at AS $520
AP (divided by 3 for 3 trips) $280
Food @$50 a day $400 total $1,200

Pluses/park hopping/go when it is cooler/rates might even be cheaper later in year/might be able to see Xmas decorations/be easier to keep to my diet
Minus/eating a lot of food

MYW package
AS room 8 nites
1 day ticket to qualify for free food $826.00
1/3 AP price $280.00
total $1,106

Pluses/lots of good food/save about $100
Minuses/tied to certain restaurants at certain times/no park hopping

Please not that I charge 1/3rd of the price of the AP to each trip as we usually take 3 trips of ten or more days with ours. I could not get more than 8 days with the MYW on the Disney site so I could not compare it to our usual trip. Our last one was 16 days which really brings the cost of the tickets down.

Guess there is no such thing as a free lunch. At least not for us. I am happy for those it works for though.

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter