Switching at the 7 month mark help needed!

mouseclick1

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked in a split between AKV/BWV for Easter week. We are a party of 9 (7 teens, 2 adults), and have a 2 BR and a studio booked at both resorts. I am well aware that the chance of getting an OKW GV is slim to none for this week, but thought I would take my chances and give it a try for the whole week.

I realize the smartest thing to do is try day by day first thing in the morning, but if I don't get the whole thing, then we are back to switching resorts again which is something I've decided I would like to avoid if possible.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to go about this? Should I still try day by day, or wait until I can check on the whole week at once? If I wait until the end of the week, will I completely lose my chance at the GV?

I just wanted to add that I will NOT be upset if we can't get it - I know it is a longshot, but you never really know until you try. We will stick with our original plan, or maybe go the whole week at BWV if we can't get the GV.

Also, thanks to those that suggested OKW in one of my previous posts where I was trying to figure out what to do. I wasn't even considering it at the time, but decided it might be our best bet after looking into it more thoroughly!

I would probably try day by day, but there is always the likelyhood that you wont be able to get the whole stay in one place doing it that way. At any rate, if you call for the first day, and it's not open, you will know that and can then decide if you want to waitlist the entire stay or not. I think that might be the best option here. If the first day is NOT open, ask to waitlist only if the entire stay becomes available.

I would probably try day by day, but there is always the likelyhood that you wont be able to get the whole stay in one place doing it that way. At any rate, if you call for the first day, and it's not open, you will know that and can then decide if you want to waitlist the entire stay or not. I think that might be the best option here. If the first day is NOT open, ask to waitlist only if the entire stay becomes available.

Great advice, but that's Easter Week, so very unlikely to be available.

Do you have enough points to keep what you currently have and book the GV day by day?

If not, then I agree with Diane, only waitlist if the whole week comes thru.

What I would do, is book the entire week at AKV or BWV now. I would not want to move that many people either, thats alot of coordination vs. not moving. If you wait any longer to do this, there may not be availability at 7 months to stay anywhere for a whole week.

Then I would try at 7 months day by day, IF I had the points to book the GV and hold my confirmed ressie until I had all days secured in the GV. If I didnt have the points to do both (hold one book one) then I would leave it alone and enjoy the week at AKV or BWV.

HTH!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter