T-Rex

kwitcherkicken99

Sleep keeps me pretty. Caffeine keeps me nice!
Are reservations really necessary here? We're planning to go on our departure day around 3:30-4:00. Do I really need to bother making a ressie?

Side question, do ressies get you seated in the cool rooms? (space, underwater room) We didn't have a ressie last April and they sat us in the forest room... kind of boring.

TIA!

I just called the restaurant direct and made a reservation for May- they let me request the room we wanted to sit in- They said they would try to accomodate us, but we may have to wait a bit longer to be seated.

tell me about the different rooms, please. We are going in May and I don't know anything about it. My DS who is 8 is so into fosils is there a good room I should ask for that he may like better then another?

There are 4 rooms from what I remember. There is the underwater room: an octopus is suspended from the ceiling and there is a really cool aquarium in there. There is the Ice Cave: it's all plastic and lit up. I think there were bones in the ice from what I remember. There is the forest room: insert your favorite area of Rainforest Cafe but with dinosaurs. And the Space room. There are stars painted on the black ceiling and there are planets suspended from the ceiling as well. I like the look of this room the best, but it's close to the front of the restaurant so there is a lot of traffic.

It's really cool inside. The theming is very well done. They do the thunderstorms just like at Rainforest.

Try this for some pictures: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/10/t-rex-cafe-at-downtown-disney-new-high.html

Just make sure you call the restaurant directly. I called disney dining for ressies to Trex and Rainforest in AK but they told me there was noting available. I called both places directly and got the exact times I wanted.:confused3

Are reservations really necessary here? We're planning to go on our departure day around 3:30-4:00. Do I really need to bother making a ressie?

Side question, do ressies get you seated in the cool rooms? (space, underwater room) We didn't have a ressie last April and they sat us in the forest room... kind of boring.

TIA!

I think since you're going at an off-time, you may not need a reservation. Are you leaving on a weekday? That may make a difference (isn't DTD much busier on the weekends?) We had a ressie for 7:30 on our trip but asked to be seated earlier (around 5:30) and were able to get seated right away. As for the rooms, you can request a certain place to seat but you may have to wait longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter