Taking a First Timer (who hopes to be a future imagineer!)

Natalie L.

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, my name is Natalie and in I've been to Walt Disney World in Florida about 15 times, so my Disney knowledge is fairly extensive and I'm a massive Disney fan. I'm taking my best friend with me, who has never been to Disney before, but is an amazing artist who is in love with Disney animation and hopes to one day be an imagineer. We have three days in the parks with park hopper tickets along with a half day on the front end of the trip that I figured we would fill by visiting hotels and going to Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. What are some must sees for her, as an artist? Thanks!

The drawing classes at Art of Animation maybe? Runs 3 times a day and is right beside the check in counter.

Hey guys, my name is Natalie and in I've been to Walt Disney World in Florida about 15 times, so my Disney knowledge is fairly extensive and I'm a massive Disney fan. I'm taking my best friend with me, who has never been to Disney before, but is an amazing artist who is in love with Disney animation and hopes to one day be an imagineer. We have three days in the parks with park hopper tickets along with a half day on the front end of the trip that I figured we would fill by visiting hotels and going to Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. What are some must sees for her, as an artist? Thanks!
As an Imagineering hopeful myself, I’d recommend just getting as much behind-the-scenes info on what you’re seeing as possible. Knowing how something was done, what work went into it, etc is interesting to the artistic and analytical minds hoping to do something like that themselves (at least it is to me). For finding that info, I’d watch The Imagineering Story on Disney+ and follow some Imagineers (ex @joerohde) on Instagram. For a more fictional but no less fact-filled approach, the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson is a great read!

And if you're looking for photo ops for future Imagineers, the casting office on Main Street and the handprints of the creators (Joe Rohde, Jon Landau, and James Cameron) in the exit of Flight of Passage are perfect for that!

Stay at art of animation, she will instantly be obsessed with it. Rides? Barnstormer, Tron, and people mover. And please, please take her to toy story land. I know this is five years later but if any other people have the same question, here it is.

When DLR opens they have AWESOME animation classes that are 30 min and free and they are so so fun! I think it might be in DCA actually, im not sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!